Sewing machines have adopted technology just like any other machine. Advancement has led to a surge in the market for Computerized Sewing Machines and the companies are delivering! The fashion industry is exploding and the sewing machines are faster, smarter and costlier now. They cater to needs of creative crafters and people engaged in business who need better results and faster production.
There are so many computerized sewing machines in the market from brands that are no less than the other. How does one choose then? Below is as assortment of the 10 Best Computerized Sewing Machines for you to check out.
Best Computerized Sewing Machines in the Market
The prime advantage of Computerized Sewing Machines is the provision of several built- in stitches that come diverse types of stitches like buttonhole, alphanumeric, decorative and basic stitches. This review includes the Best Computerized Sewing Machine For Beginners to Computerized Sewing And Embroidery Machine intermediate users. In terms of the most number of built- in stitches, Singer Computerized Sewing Machines are the best alternative.
10 Best Computerized Sewing Machine Reviews
- Best overall: Singer 9960 Computarized Sewing Machine
- Best Sewing Machine with Built-in Stitches: Brother XR9550PRW, Project Runway limited edition
- Best for Embroidery: Brother SE600 Sewing Machine
- Best Combo: Janome JW8100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- High Speed Sewing Machine: Singer 9985 Sewing Machine with Drop in Bobbin System
- Best Budget: Juki HZL- LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Best Quilting Machine: Brother RSQ9185 Sewing Machine with Built in Sewing Font
- Easy to Use: Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Best Machine with Extension Table: Singer Modern Quilter 8500Q Sewing Machine
- Most Convenient: Janome 7330 Magnolia Sewing Machine
Top Rated Computerized Sewing Machines of 2021
Singer 9960 Computarized Sewing Machine
- Automatic needle threader
- Made from heavy- duty metal, it is very durable
- it comes with Automatic Reverse stitching
Brother XR9550PRW, Project Runway limited edition
- 8 quick change presser feet
- Very versatile.
- Affordable and pays- off very well.
Brother SE600 Sewing Machine
- USB to import designs
- There are 6 embroidery lettering fonts
- 80 built- in embroidery designs
Janome JW8100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Impressive speed of 1000 stitches per minute
- Good for beginners
- Very easy stitching
Singer 9985 Sewing Machine with Drop in Bobbin System
- Durable with metal frame
- Great range of built- in stitches
- XL colored LCD touch screen
Juki HZL- LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Easy to work with
- Ideal for beginners but also good for intermediate sewists
- Best Sewing Machine For Beginners
Brother RSQ9185 Sewing Machine with Built in Sewing Font
- Versatile- Quilting
- Large LCD display with low- light stitching provision.
Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Adjustable brightness of the LCD
- Can memorize up to 50 different stage patterns.
- It has memorized needle up/ down
Singer Modern Quilter 8500Q Sewing Machine
- Quilting space.
- Perfect for quilting
- 6 stretch stitches
Janome 7330 Magnolia Sewing Machine
- Needle position is memorized
- Double lift presser allows sewing through denims and thicker fabrics
- Viewing LCD and LED screens
SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
An impressive Computerized Sewing And Embroidery Machine, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 boasts of a plethora of features, the most impressive being its 600 built- in stiches that come with a massive 13 completely automatic 1- step buttonholes that allow you to stitch 13 different types of buttons just by placing them in the buttonhole foot and voila! The button is stitches.
- 600 built- in stitches- there are 13 fully- automatic 1- step buttonhole stiches with a buttonhole underplate and 5 alphanumeric font stitches amongst other stitches. Provision of mirror imaging and stitch elongation helps with better stitching.
- Automatic needle threader- the needle is automatically threaded by the machine, sparing the user the pain of hit- and- miss while manually threading a needle.
- Extension table- the Singer 9960 has a large working area, essentially the extension table apt for quilting projects that require a larger spac
- Other features- it comes with Automatic Reverse stitching, an LCD screen with brightness control, 850- stitches per minute and a 25 year warranty.
17.2 x 8.2 x 12 inches
The 600 stitches allow all sorts of stitching be it quilting, fashion, crafting, stretch stitches or home décor, the machine does it for you.
- 600 built- in stitches with 13 fully automatic one step buttonhole.
- The large extension table is perfect for quilting projects.
- Made from heavy- duty metal, it is very durable.
- A little too expensive.
Brother Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW
Brother Computerized Sewing Machine, XR9550PRW is a limited edition Project Runway model that is versatile and chic. It will boost and innovate the creativity in you and support your project with its cool features like 110 built in stitches with different styles included that will allow you to done any sewing project be it quilting, heirloom or utility.
- 8 quick change presser feet- This sewing machine comes with 8 quick change presser feet. They are the Blind stitch foot, Zigzag foot, Zipper foot, spring action foot for quilting, monogramming foot, Button sewing foot, Overcasting foot and button hole foot. It comes with a jam- resistant quick- set drop- in top bobbin. It also comes with a hard cover which makes it easy to store and carry around.
- Versatile large LCD screen- the large LCD screen allows you to select the type of stitch you want by pressing the intuitive push- button.
- 110- Built- in stitches- there are 110 unique utility, heirloom and decorative stitches. There are also 8 one- step auto- size buttonhole stitches, all with a stitching speed of 800 stitches per- minute.
- Other features- amongst other features, it has an automatic needle- threader and a 25- year limited warranty.
7 x 16.3 x 12.5 inches
With 165 stitches, the machine also has 8 one- step automatic buttonholes that are perfect for you to accomplish any sewing project. Its versatility is proved by its wide table to support quilting projects. It has a large LCD screen and an automatic needle threader. It also comes with a 25- year limited warranty.
- Affordable and pays- off very well.
- Very versatile.
- Limited edition so cannot be purchased after a certain period of time.
- As per Computer Sewing Machine Reviews, it is very noisy.
- Fewer accessories.
Brother Sewing Machine, SE600, Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
The SE600 Brother Computerized Sewing Machine is perhaps one of the best Computerized Embroidery Sewing Machine available. It has a 4” X 4” embroidery sewing area that includes a hoop, an embroidery arm and a foot. It also allows the user to preview the colors of their embroidery and move designs on the screen. It comes with 103 built- in stitches and allows the user to view the designs on the 3.7” Sew Smart color LCD with touchscreen that not only lets you preview the designs but also edit them. The machine comes with a 25- year limited warranty.
- Sew smart color touch LCD screen- 3.7” Sew Smart color LCD with touchscreen enables the user to view their embroidery designs in color. There is a built- in color palette that allows you to customize your stitches and preview them before stitching.
- USB to import designs- To advance things further, the user also has the option of uploading their own designs into the machine using a USB port.
- 103 built- in stitches- there are 103 built- in stitches that include utility stitches, auto- size buttonholes and decorative stitches that include Greek key, waves, scallops, hearts, stars, scrolls and feathers. There are 6 embroidery lettering fonts. There are also 80 in- built embroidery designs.
- There is a very bright LED area to give better vision in low lights.
21.2 x 15.5 x 16.5 inches
- Two- in- one sewing and embroidery machine.
- 80 built- in embroidery designs.
- USB port for using own designs.
Janome JW8100 Fully-Featured Computerized Sewing Machine
The JW8100 by Janome comes with 100 built- in stitches and comes with a built- in needle threader, auto- declutch bobbin winder, presser foot lift and an automatic 7mm width. It is accompanied by a backlit LCD screen with easy navigation keys on the right of the screen.
There is also a locking stitch button and a needle up/down button. The machine is ideal for DIY sewists and comes with a lot of bonus accessories.
- 100 built- in stitches- The sewing machine comes with 100 built- in stitches with a speed of 1000 stitches per- minute. These 100 unique stitches are comprised of 27- heirloom stitches, 28 home décor stitches, 20 basic stitches, 18 quilting stitches and 7 butthole stitches.
- Convenience features- There is a stop/start button, a speed control slider, lock- stitch button and a reverse lever.
- Extra Even Feed and ¼” feet- this bonus feet is best for quilting and sewing many layers of heavy fabric. The ¼” Seam foot enables the user to make consistent quarter inch stitches.
- Accessories include- an extra wide table made for better quilting, a hard cover, removable free arm, etc.
16 x 7 x 12 inches
This 102 lbs. generator is fully metal constructed for utmost endurance and strength. The 3.96 gallon fuel tank allows the 208cc 7HP engine to run for 8 hours on a full tank.
There are two 120 V household power outlets and one 120V twist lock outlet.
- Very easy stitching with computerized built- in stiches and good for beginners.
- Runs very smooth and is not very noisy even at high speeds.
- Impressive speed of 1000 stitches per minute.
- Cannot sew through thick or multi- layered fabrics.
- Absence of a thread cutter.
SINGER | Quantum Stylist 9985 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
Singer has been constantly impressing the lots by its amazing number of built- in stitches. The quantum stylist 9985 is also blessed with this feature. It has 960 built- in stitches and is very easy to operate. These extensive number of stitches can be viewed on an LCD screen and be chosen from there itself.
- 960 built-in stitches: There are 6 alphanumeric stitches, 10 basic stitches, 919 decorative stitches, 21 stretch stitches and 13 different buttonhole stitches.
- High-speed sewing: The Singer Computerized Sewing Machine is capable of performing 850 minutes per- minute.
- XL colored LCD touch screen- The LCD screen is wide and colored and provides clear viewing of the stitches, stitch length, thread tension, width setting and presser foot.
17.2 x 8.5 x 12.5 inches
There are 6 alphanumeric stitches, 10 basic stitches, 919 decorative stitches, 21 stretch stitches and 13 different buttonhole stitches. It also has an automatic needle threader and a drop- in bobbin. It is made with a metal frame that makes it very durable and sturdy. The machine also offers mirror imaging and elongation while stitch editing.
- Great range of built- in stitches.
- Durable with metal frame.
- Computer Sewing Machine Reviews have shown customers complain about a faulty bobbin.
- Not very ideal for thicker fabrics.
Juki HZL-LB5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
The user- friendly Juki HZL- LB5100 is just the right purchase of people that are just stepping into the craft of sewing. It is very easy to operate and boasts of all basic and advanced features crucial to a learner as very as experienced sewists.
- Built- in stitches- The machine comes with 100 built- in stitches and a stitch chart. There is one auto needle threader, a 7- point feed dog system and 1 step button hole. It has two auto- lock stitches.
- LCD screen and LED screen- It has a LCD screen to inspect stitches while sewing and a bright LED light that not only helps in stitching in low light but also helps with darker colored fabrics.
- User- friendly- The Juki HZl- LB5100 is easily one of the Best Sewing Machine For Beginners as it is simple for newbies to understand and operate but also has an advanced array of features to accommodate intermediate sewists and leave a learning scope for the new ones.
The machine is light and compact and comes with necessary features like auto needle threader which could be tough for people who’ve never threaded a needle before. It also has 100 built- in stiches which is again a great help for beginners.
- Ideal for beginners but also good for intermediate sewists.
- Easy to work with.
- The speed, 700 stitches per minute, is not be ideal for advanced tailors
Brother RSQ9185 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
The RSQ9185 Brother Computerized Sewing Machine opens up an ample of tailoring options for the sewer. It offers quilting, heirloom and home décor in addition to conventional sewing. It comes with 130 built- in stiches that comprise 55 alphanumeric monogramming stitches and has 8 one- step built- in style auto- size buttonholes.
- Built- in stitches- With 130 built- in stiches that have 55 alphanumeric monogramming patterns and 8 one- step built- in style auto- size buttonholes, the RSQ9185 gives a vast array of stitches that can be done automatically.
- Large back- lit LCD- The LCD comes with a simple push- button selection and is equipped to view patterns and stitches closely even in low- lights. The 55 alphanumeric stitches can be recognized with the help of a flip- up reference chart that allows unique and personalized monogramming.
- Other features- The Computerized Sewing Machine features the option of increasing or lowering the feed dogs by its drop feed dogs option. Intermediate sewers are spared the job of threading the needle as the machine does it for them with its advanced easy needle threader. Along with a bright backlit LCD display, the machine also comes with a built- in LED light.
7.4 x 17.2 x 13.8 inches
It arrives to you with 11 accessories meant for quilting and sewing and also accommodates quilting with its large table that can be used for many other big projects.
- Versatile- Quilting, heirloom, home décor, fashion, etc.
- Large LCD display with low- light stitching provision.
- Absence of a thread cutter.
Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine with Hard Cover
The very versatile Janome DC5100 is a one- stop shop that allows the user to accomplish any project ranging from normal fabric sewing to quilting and home décor to scrapbooking. This best Home Sewing Machine comes with 167 built in stitches that include 5 automatic one- step buttonholes. The machine can retain memory of position of up to 50 pattern and thereby eases the process of quick and prompt sewing.
- Stitch-width and feed: It offers maximum stitch width of 7mm and minimum of 5mm and a 7- piece feed dog. It also offers the drop feed option and has a heightened presser foot lift to accommodate thicker fabrics and quilting.
- It also comes with more than 13 standard accessories and a hard cover that makes it easy to store and carry around.
- Built-in stitches: The DC5100 comes with 167 built- in stitches and a built- in threader that include alphabets. It has memorized needle up/ down, an easy reverse button and a lock stitch button. This machine tickles the fantasy of intermediate sewers as it has an auto clutch bob winding, a snap- on presser feet. Superior Feed System and a speed control slider.
12 x 20 x 17 inches
It has a backlit LCD screen to inspect stitches as you do them. The LCD screen has a touchpad with easy navigation key and automatic thread tension control to allow smooth and uninterrupted crafting.
- Can memorize up to 50 different stage patterns.
- Adjustable brightness of the LCD.
- Slower motor in comparison with fellow Janome sewing machines.
SINGER Modern Quilter 8500Q Computerized Portable Sewing and Quilting Machine
A Computer Quilting Machine, the Modern Quilter 8500Q is a quilting expert due to its Long Arm Design and an XL Extension Table gives the user good 25” of sewing area on the machine. This is appropriate for quilts and they can be sewn with ease. The machine has 6 StayBright LED lights that light up perfectly to let the user inspect their work and creation.
- Other features- there is an extension table of 22.4” length and 14.4” width with circular sewing pin perfect for quilting. The LCD screen that does stitch selection, provides a neat view of the selected stitch with stitch length and breadth. There is a 25 year limited warranty and for durability, the structure is made from heavy duty metal frame to ensure skip- free quilting. The machine uses 110 V of voltage and has 6 LED lights.
- Built- in stitches- There are 215 built- in stiches that include 9 essential stiches, 17 quilting ones, 6 stretch stitches, 6 buttonhole stiches and 176 decorative stiches.
- Perfect for quilting- the Modern Quilter 8500Q is a quilting expert due to its Long Arm Design and an XL Extension Table that is 25” wide and comes with a 7- segment feeding system and automatic bobbin winding.
- Automatic Bobbin Winding Sewing Machine- The bobbin can be winded by following the numbered diagram present on top of the sewing machine. The bobbin automatically stops when it is completely filled.
To accommodate and facilitate quilting, the machine has 10”- 15” circles that are used in embellishing with the XL circular stich capability. The machine comes with 215 built- in stitches.
- 25” XL quilting space.
- This sewing machine can only be sold in the US and Canada.
- Report of oil- leaks.
Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine with 30 Built-In Stitches
The Janome 7330 Magnolia Computerized Sewing Machine with 30 Built-In Stitches is one hardcore sewing machine and rightly so as it is the most advanced sewing machine in the Magnolia line. It comes with 30 built- in stitches and memorized Needle up/down that precisely remembers the needle position.
- Built- in stitches- there are 16 utility stitches, 6 one step buttonholes and 8 decorative stitches. Maximum stitch length is 7mm while minimum is 5 mm
- Viewing LCD and LED screens- The Computerized Machine comes with an LED screen that has the navigation keys. And LCD screen is provided to look at stiches while sewing.
- Other features- It also has a heighted presser foot lift to sew through denser fabrics like denim. The needle threader is automatic and there is a memorized needle Up/Down that remembers the position of the needle every time. The Top loading full rotary hook bobbin allows the user to simply drop the bobbing after opening the lid and just shut it. There are 15 needle positions a speed control slider.
The easy computerized stitch selection and using the LCD screen to inspect the stitches during the process makes sewing so easy with this machine. The machine is equipped to deal with thick fabrics like layers of denim due to its Double lift presser. It also has very convenient buttons for the start/ stop control, to reverse a stich and to lock a stich.
- Double lift presser allows sewing through denims and thicker fabrics.
- Needle position is memorized.
- Difficult to use catch sewing highlight.
- No lighting.
How did we decide this list as Top 10?
Behind this Top 10 Computerized Sewing Machines list there is 90 hours of research. We contemplated more than 65 models and compared their features, specifications, and price. For complete knowledge on these models, we have analyzed up to 230 reviews. And finally, we came up with this best Computerized Sewing Machine list to match the requirement of each and every user.
COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE BUYING GUIDE
What is a Computerized Sewing Machine?
A computerized sewing machine is one in which there is a provision of a computer. This computer is accompanied by small monitors that can be LCD or LED. The computer is responsible for remembering needle position, performing built- in stitches, moving the tensioning discs ad much more. The motor in the computer of the sewing machine is responsible for maintaining the speed with which stitches are made onto the fabric. This is measured by ‘stitches- per- minute’.
A computerized stitching machine enables the user to make the maximum number of stitches in a minute that are possible.
Why Do We Need a Computerized Sewing Machine?
The need for a computerized sewing machine arose simply as need for fast stitching and tailoring for mass production came into existence. Technology has enabled people to get work done in the matter of minutes.
The simplest need is the need to be able to do maximum stitches in the least amount of time and this is where computerized sewing machine have been a holy grail in the fabric and tailoring industry.
Also, the need or rather want of being able to perform even the trickiest factory- like stitches at home and the on- going technological advancement have fulfilled each other and given us some really high- tech sewing machines that can perform so many different types of stitches and store a number of patterns for the user.
What Can a Computerized Sewing Machine Do?
Computerized Sewing Machines can perform many functions and different models come with different features. Some of them are:Automatic needle threading- this feature is exclusive to computerized sewing machines. This function automatically threads a needle, saving the user the pain of having to hit- and- miss several times in quest of manually threading the needle.
- Built- in stitches- this gives the user the benefit of being able to perform a variety of unique stitches and patterns without having to put in their labor and is the easy way to go. Unique styles and designs are the user’s disposal at all times.
- LCD/ LED screens- these allow the user to select design patterns of their choice and use quick navigation keys to commence a certain task like start/ stop or reverse stitch or lock a stitch.
- Memorize stitches- a computerized sewing machine remembers your favorite stitches and avails them for you to use again whenever you like.
Computerized sewing machines perform so many other functions and that is exactly why they are so much sought after. They perform mirror imaging which enables sewist to mirror a certain pattern and with the help of this feature this can be achieved. It remembers the needle position and also has internet accessibility.
Mechanical vs. Computerized Sewing Machine
Mechanical sewing machines are manual sewing machines that have dials and knobs to set modes and stiches of the user’s preference. Mechanical sewing machines have levers at the foot to work the machine. They mostly come with a single stitch.
|Mechanical sewing machines||Computerized sewing machines|
|These are manual in nature.||These are automated in nature.|
|These usually have just one in- built stitch.||These have a computer, LCD or LED screen and a motor|
|These have lever at foot.||These do not have a lever.|
|These are heavier than computerized models.||These are lighter than mechanical sewing machines.|
|These are cheaper than the computerized version.||These are costlier.|
|These are ideal for beginners and users who work with basic designs and alterations.||These are ideal for intermediate users who attempt more complex sewing patterns and embroidery.|
Best Brands of Computerized Sewing Machine
Brother Industries, Ltd. is a Japanese multinational company that deals in electrical equipment. They manufacture computers, printers, sewing machines, fax machines, typewriters, etc. The company started manufacturing sewing and embroidery machines back in 2010. Brother industries make industrial as well as mechanical sewing machines. They were the first to launch a lockstitch sewing machine. They made the first sewing machine that was ‘Internet of things’ applicable.Hence, their journey and work in the sewing machine industry is inspirational and ground- breaking. Some of the best Brother Computerized Sewing Machine are XR9550PRW, Project Runway limited edition, SE600 and RSQ9185.
The Singer Co. is an America based company that manufactures sewing machines. It is one of the oldest establishment in the sewing machines industry. The first Singer sewing machine was a mechanical one obviously and was launched in 1851. The company boasts of experience and a century of service and is still standing tall amidst young and innovative competitors.
A Japanese Company, Janome was originally called The Pine Sewing Machine and was founded in 1921. The company was renamed Janome in 1935. In 1971, the first Janome Computerized Sewing Machine was launched. They were the first to manufacture a computerized sewing machine for domestic use. Also, they were the first to offer models that allowed professional style embroidery and long- arm quilting machine for domestic use.
JUKI Corporation is a Japanese company that manufactures industrial and domestic sewing machines. As per the Financial Time, 2014, it was the no. 1 manufacturer of sewing machines in the world. Its expanse is vast and sells its product across 170 countries.
Features to consider while buying a Computerized Sewing Machine
How does one decide which Computerized Sewing Machine to choose? Too many models, too many brands and a big confusion- which machine is the right one?
This is the most important question to ask yourself while buying a sewing machine. Are you just starting? Do you just need it for basic stiches and minor alterations? Then a mechanical sewing machine will also do you good in a very affordable price range. Or are you a skilled user who sews with different patterns, for long hours, on different types of fabrics? Then perhaps a computerized sewing machine or a Computer Quilting Machine is what you should check into.
They can be expensive but it will be an investment. Or are you a beginner who can afford the modern sewing machines that are easy to understand and use? Then there are models of computerized sewing machines that are immensely user- friendly and are also computerized, giving you the ease of something great as well as the learning scope.
TYPE OF SEWING
All sewing machines can stich at least all the basic stitches on your generic thinner, lighter fabric but to accomplish different types, say quilting or embroidery or home décor, all with the same finesse can be a little difficult to achieve. For this reason, there are machines that are engineered to accommodate specific type of sewing. Many even have two or more types in the same machine.
SPEED OF STITCHING
how much of stitching do you need to get done in one sitting, especially if yours is a business or industry? This can be done by checking the number of stitches the machine can perform in a minute. This is a whole number for every machine and can be known from the description of the machine. For this, the motor of the machine should be good.
the machine should not be very heavy, although the lighter they are, the less durable. It should preferably come with an encasing and should be compact in size. This depends on whether you would be carrying the machine around a lot or not.
How much are you willing to spend? The budget for the machine also plays a key role as most computerized machines are expensive but some more than others. With a low budget, you need to look for machines that satisfy you interest without leaving a hole in your pocket.
The sewing machines used earlier were very loud and noisy but the new ones are softer and just better in terms of noise emission.Along with this, it is better to check out other customer’s Digital Sewing Machine Reviews to get a better idea.
Brands like Brother, Janome, Singer, Juki are some of the best Computerized Sewing Machine brands in the market.
The Juki HZL-LB5100 is very easy to use and is user- friendly. It the Best Sewing Machine For Beginners and is equipped enough for usage by intermediate users too.
The Final say
It is important to understand what a particular sewing machine specializes in, despite of giving all the basic stiches and a few built- in ones. Some of the best computerized sewing machines have been mentioned above followed by the right criteria of choosing them. Our personal favorite for embroidery is the Brother Sewing Machine, SE600, Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine which is perfect for embroidery. All Singer sewing machines are really good when it comes to their built- in stitches. For quilting, SINGER | Modern Quilter 8500Q seems like a really good option.
Read through our review and you will find yourself the right sewing machine that will tickle your creativity!