If you are a proud owner of a lush and thick lawn, this review will probably be one of your best time investments. You must know how important it is to trim and shorten lawn grass to keep it healthy and pleasurable. No one wants a dirty yard with dry leaves everywhere and long grass to shelter them. So having a lawnmower is the most common cause in this regard, but you have to know that to keep your mower effective on your lawn, you have to change the blades regularly after a limited time.
But you can not just fit in any blades you see around in your mower because certain things need to be kept in mind while choosing the blades of a mower. Well, we are here exactly to keep you updated on the best lawnmower blades you can find around for your mowers. With an elaborate list of 12 high quality lawn mower blades, this review would help you know all the essential features you need to check out before deciding to buy any mower blade. To know everything about mower blades, keep reading this review that we prepared after trying out the blades ourselves for you.
Best Mulching Blades for Sale
- Easy to Install: Maxpower 331528B Mulching Blade
- Value for Money: Toro 22″ Recycler Mower Blade
- Most Efficient: Maxpower 561811B 2 Set of 3-N-1 Blades
- Best for Trimming: Maxpower 42″ Commercial Mulching 2-Blade Set
- Suitable for All Brands: MaxPower 46 Inch 2-Blade Set
- Best Quality: MaxPower 42″ 561713B 2-Blade Set
- Compatible with all Mowers: Oregon 598-629 G5 21-3/16″ Gator Mulching Blades
- Must for Lawn Trimming: USA AYP340BP Mulching Blade
- Best for Grass Clippings: EGO Power+ 21-Inch High Lift Mower Blade
- Premium Design: MTD 942-0741A Mulching Blade
- Most Durable: Honda 08720-VH7-000 Mulching Blade Set
- Best for Trimmer/Edger: Ryobi Heat Hardened Edger Blades
12 Best Lawn Mower Blades for the Money
Maxpower 21″ Mulching Blade
- Bow tie hole pattern
- Properly balanced and cuts
- Easy to Use
Maxpower 561713b Blades
- Easy to install
- Center hole with 5 point star
- Heat-processed material
USA AYP340BP mower blade
- 2 42-inches blades
- Easy to install
- 5-star hole for easy airflow
Honda 08720 Mulching Blade
- Smooth and clean-cut
- Easy to maintain
- Double-sided blade
Maxpower 331528B 21 Inch Mulching Blade
Maxpower mulching blade is one of these top 12 mower blade lists that we have handpicked especially to save you some time. These best mulching blades are compatible with a wide range of 21 inch lawn mower blades. We tried to attach this blade to multiple mowers such as cub cadet, craftsman, Troy-bilt, and MTD lawnmowers, and it stood out in the test proudly while fitting in all of the mowers accurately. So it can be used in almost all the renowned lawn mower brands easily and would not stir up much trouble for you to find a suitable mower.
- 21-inches blade well suited for Cub Cadet, MTD, Troy-Bilt mowers
- Bow tie hole pattern makes sure it fits well
- Reaches up to all OEM specifications
- Robustly made with the heat treat process
- Design is properly balanced and cuts efficiently
23 × 4 ×2 inches
Though there are certain specific models marked out which go best with these Maxpower lawn mower mulching blades. Those specific OEM numbers are 742-0741, 742-0741A, 742-04100, 942-0741A, and 942-0741 in particular, and if you have lawnmower blade knives that fall under one of these categories, then you are going in the right direction. Maxpower 21 inch lawn mower blade has a width of 2 – 1 /4 inch, and also, these have a bow tie center hold design. But before you fit these blades in your mower, go through the owners’ manual carefully and look for the replacement blade number.
- Works with more than one model.
- Heat forged blade material.
- User-friendly design.
- Blades are a bit short.
- Needs frequent cleaning.
Toro 59534P 22″ Recycler Mower Replacement Blade
If you are looking for reliable lawnmower blades, Toro 22″ recycler mower replacement blade 59534P is certainly the best option you can opt for. These mulching mower blades can work with a wide variety of lawnmowers with 22-inch blades. When we tried out this product, we found that the blade was easy to install, and it came with high sheerness, which made it worth stealing the deal. The best mulching blade for toro recyclers fits in most models perfectly including -20012,20047 ,20064 ,20065,20066 , 20067, 20068, 20069, 20070, 20071 and many more.
- One automatic mulcher blade
- Rust-resistant material for more longevity
- 21 in blade fits well for Toro brand mowers
- Perfect for mulching and maintaining the lawn
- Easy fitting and installation
21-11/16”x2 ¼”x 0.150”
The Toro 22″ recycler blade works perfectly for almost any lawnmower, so it’s a perfect choice for people who use multiple mowers and want blades that work with all of them. This tooth mulcher blade was pre-sharpened, which ensured instant hassle-free installation for us. This blade weighs 1.76 pounds, which makes it perfect for carrying and movement. The high-quality sheers offer a seamless mowing experience and ensure the grass tips are not jagged and give beautiful, clean results. Overall, this push lawn mower blades is a high quality, value-for-money product, and we can recommend it to your customers as this one of the best lawn mower blades for sale.
- Blade has sharp teeth for easy mowing.
- A vast range of compatible lawn mowers.
- Blades are made out of heat-treated metal.
- Hassle-free installation.
- Does not suit all the models.
- A bit on the pricier side.
Maxpower 561811B 42 Inch 3-N-1 Mulching Blades
Maxpower 42″ 3-N-1 blades are another great example of how a proper lawnmower blade should be like. We tested Maxpower 2 set blades 3-N-1 out and took note of all its features which help this blade stand out in the crowd. If you own a John Deere lawn mower, then the chances are high that you already know about these excellent heavy duty mower blades, which are specially designed to fit your lawn mower brand. To be more precise, these blades go well with the John Deere model number JX22151 and JY20850.
- Set of 2 21-inches mower blades
- 7 point star hole for perfect fit and swift movement
- Best fit for John Deere mowers
- Meets all the OEM specifications
- Manufactured with a heat processing
21.62” × 2.75”× 0.5”
The mower blades are very well built and of hard structure, so, therefore, these blades are going to serve you and keep your lawn clean and beautiful for a long time. Unlike other lawn mower blades, you do not need to change these maxpower 3-N-1 lawn mower blades very often. Each of these lawn mower blades had a sufficient length of 21 – 3/8 inch, and it had a width of 2 – ¾ inch, which did not fail to impress us. These blades do not only well with OEM number JX22151 and JY20850 models, but also with Windsor 50-3132 models as well. So in our final say, we would like to suggest you these Maxpower blades for a fulfilling experience.
- Mulching, bagging, and discharging all in one.
- Heavy-duty motor power.
- Multiple compatible lawnmowers.
- Heat-treated material does not bend easily.
- Does not work well with long grass.
- Not suitable for a bumpy lawn
Maxpower 561713XB 42 Inch Commercial Mulching Blade Set
Maxpower has always been a pioneering brand in making lawn mower blades and other precision parts that contribute a great deal of importance to our daily life chores. Hoping to get to know some great features, we decided to try this Maxpower commercial mulching blades for you and write the best lawn mower blades and reviews if we got a positive experience. As you can see, here we are with Maxpower mulching blade review, as we were utterly impressed with the sturdiness and sheerness of the structural quality of the same.
- Set of 2 mulching blades
- Suits well for Craftsman, Poulan and, Husqvarna mowers
- Center hole with 5-point star for perfect fitting
- Includes sharpened teeth for precise cutting
- Specification are upto OEM requirements
22.75 × 2.5 × 0.75 Inches
We noted that these lawn mower mulching blades were 2 in number as we received in the package. These blades are compatible with a vast range of lawnmower brands and several model numbers, making them one of the most demanded blade sets. If you have this blade in your stock, it can be said that it would fit almost any of the lawn mower snow blades, though this goes best with brands like Craftsman, Husqvarna, Poulan, etc. The compatible model numbers also make a long list of 134149, 138498, 138971, PP24003, 127843, and many more mower blade models.
- Fits in the budget easily.
- Wide range of compatible lawn mowers.
- Sturdy blade material.
- Amazing sheerness.
- Not very effective on the lawn with thick grass.
MaxPower 46 Inch 561544B 2-Blade Set
The next best thing that we came across is this Maxpower 561544B 2 blade set 46-inch lawn mower blade. This is one of our top picks and one of the most favorite lawn mower blades so far. Maxpower 46 inch mower blades are compatible with more than one brands and many different OEM numbers of them, so if you are a proud owner of a large lawn with more than one lawn mowers, then this Maxpower 46 inch may prove to be a great investment in your part to keep your garden graceful always.
- A set of 2 46-inch blades
- Center hole with 6 point star for swift movement
- Fits well for Troy-Bilt, Cub Cadet, and MTD
- Sharp cutting and easy lawn maintenance
- Meets all OEM requirements
24.63 × 3 × 0.63 inches
These 46 inches max power 2 riding lawn mower blades set can go well along with many renowned brands such as Cub Cadet, MTD, Troy-bilt, Craftsman, and several different lawn mowers brands with a wide variety of OEM numbers. You do not have to worry about changing the blades with different mowers anymore, as long as you have these Maxpower blades with you. These blades are almost gigantic, so with these blades, you can mow a large section of your lawn effortlessly in just one go. The well-defined features and hard body of the blades further ensured a long service life when we tested the quality of the material of these fan blades.
- Compatible with different brand lawn mowers
- Suits a larger deck size
- 6-star center hole design works best
- Sturdiness of the material of blades
- Safe and standard operation
- Blades are somewhat thin.
MaxPower 561713B 42 Inch Blade Set
If you are looking for rotary lawn mower Blades amazon replacements, the Maxpower 561714B 2 set of 3-N-1 blades is the best product you can invest in. These blades are made of high-quality material, ensuring that the customers get a good experience. We can gladly announce that we have tested it out and can ensure that these blades by MaxPower fit a wide variety of different lawn mowers, including Poulan, Husqvarna, and Craftsman mowers. The yard machine lawn mower blades come with 5 point star center holes, making it a go-to product when the criteria are user-friendly and easy to install.
- Set of two 42 inches mulcher blades
- Center hole with 5 point star for efficient cutting
- Easy to install and maintain
- Rest free and heat-processed material for longevity
21 × 2.25 × 1.25 inches
These blades come in a pack of two. The OEM numbers that this blade replaces are 127843, 138498, 138971, 138971X431, 532138971, 53-21278-43, 53-21384-98, 53-21389-71, 532 13 84-98 and 532 13 89-71. It is also compatible with the Craftsman CMXGZAM110136, so if your mower is any of these, this is the perfect choice for you. This best 21-inch mulching blade had 2¼ inch width and high sheerness, which ensured perfect and clean results on your lawn. The blades are extremely easy to replace, thanks to the star center holes. We advise you to check the OEM number on blades before replacement to ensure proper fitting.
- High quality of building material.
- 5 point Star center hole increases work efficiency
- Easy to replace and install blades
- High sheerness to appreciate.
- Needed servicing after a few months of usage
Oregon 598-629 Quality Gator Mulching Blades
We can assert positively that Oregon mulching gator blades are an understatement when it comes to performance excellence. This Gator mulching blade was one of the most effective mulching blades we got to come across while making this top 12 list of best mulching blades for lawn mowers. The Oregon 598-629 gator blade can be attached to a great many lawn mowers, including some of the topmost brands producing superior quality lawn mowers for you.
- Two 16-inches mulching lawn mowers
- Sharp and strong blade with cuts
- Tough cutting edges to mow even the overgrown lawn
- 6 point star hole for easy airflow and cutting
- Tough cutting edges with rust-free material
24 × 4 × 4 inches
These 42 inches best lawn mowers mulching blades are the perfect embodiment of sheerness and strength combined in one body, and it, therefore, allowed us to perform a high intensity mowing around the lawn. We were pleased to see that the blades were nearly indestructible despite all the hard work we put it through. The Gator Oregon mulching blade is a true fit to esteemed brands like cub cadets and MDT. We attached this blade to an 8 years old lawn mower machine, and the lawn mower was cutting the long grass of our lawn a few moments later. We recommend these Gator mulching blades very highly to all our readers.
- Unmatched sheerness and strength of blades.
- High-intensity mowing.
- Brings old mowers back to life.
- Hardiness of structure
- 6 point mounting hole gives a brilliant performance
- Tungsten carbide fused edges ensure long service life
- Wears off easily
USA Mower Blades AYP340BP Mulching Blade
Now let us give you a short overview of this USA AYP340BP mower blade and the best mulcher blade, which has the potential to turn into your favorite mower blade instantly thanks to all the great features that it possesses. These blades would fit easily in any lawn mower from the brands AYP, Husqvarna, Craftsman, and Poulan as far as those models come under the given list of model numbers. These blades are made to last long and give you a completely satisfied user experience without any complaints.
- Provided 2 42-inches blades
- 5-star hole for easy airflow and swift movement
- Easy to install
- Works well even on the overgrown lawn
9.1 * 6.9 * 13.9 inches
The said model numbers from the brands mentioned above are compatible with this USA mower blade, and mulching blades are 422719, 134149, 24676, 531005085, 424752, and 531307223. When we used these blades in our lawn, we saw that these blades were working satisfactorily on the ground if there were no obstacles in its operating path. So that is one thing you have to look out for, that the operation area does not contain any major bumps. These mower blades are compatible replaceable with only 42 in lawn mower blades, so make sure to check out the model numbers and compatibility from the manual guide before these blades, and you are good to go.
- Long list of compatible lawn mower models
- 5 point star aide holes ensure better performance
- Convenient installation of blades
- Strong blades to work linger
- Does not work well on bumpy ground
EGO Power+ AB2101 21-Inch Lawn Mower High Lift Blade
Ego power+ high best lawn mower lift blade is specially produced to enhance the efficiency of the lawn mower while picking up and bagging the grass clippings. So these Ego blades are good for trimming the lawn and cleaning up the mess after work. We did not forget to test this product and allow us to make you acquainted with all the worth mentioning features it holds to itself. Pairing these Ego power+ blades with original Ego precision parts would further play an important role in enhancing the outcome even more.
- 21- inch high lift blade
- Best suited for clipping the grass
- Clear and sharp cut even on the overgrown lawn
- High quality and compatible product
20.08 × 3.15 × 0.39 inches
These high-quality mower blades are compatible with Ego power lawn mowers with the model number LM2100, LM2100SP, LM2101, and LM2102SP, so if you own Ego power+ lawn mowers for your gardening, going for these blades is the smartest choice you can make here to get the best out of this branded mower. The blades are slightly folded on the edges to give a hassle-free mowing experience. Ego power+ blades have a center hole design for mess-free installation in less time. Keeping in mind all these outstanding features, we can assure you that no other mower blades are going to be a greater fit than this one for your lawn mower.
- Great compatibility with multiple lawnmowers.
- Awesome bagging power of grass clippings.
- Cuts grass of equal length.
- Extra sharpened steel blades.
- Centre hole design.
- Worry-free installation.
- Can not work with mulching plugs.
MTD 942-0741A 21 Inch Mulching Blade
If you are looking for a mulching blade capable of taking your mowing experience to the next level, you got to check this MTD mulching blade out, which is just what you are looking for. These MTD blades were very sharp to rely on them in case of a flawless mowing and trimming of our lawn. When we ran the mower after attaching the blade to it, it cut and mulched the long and thick grass of the garden well. We have no complaint regarding the performance this MTD 21 inch mower blade showed us.
- 21-inches mulching blade
- Bow tie hole for perfect fitting
- Compatible with almost all 21-inch lawn mowers
- Rust-resistant robust blade material
- Can mulch efficiently even the overgrown lawn
25.5 × 3.25 × 3.25 inches
942 – 0741A
These blades can be seamlessly attached to a lawnmower which has a 21-inch cut deck size. The metal material was impressively hard, and we knew that it would be in service to our lawn for a long time. This MTD mulcher blade is compatible with all the walk-behind mowers from the 300 and 900 series of Cub cadet lawn mowers, except for those which come along with an aluminum deck. MTD mulching blades are one of the most appreciated gardening equipment, which is also very lightweight and easy to install, as we can say from our own experience of the same.
- Blades are very sharp
- Hard quality mowing blades
- Compatible with many walk-behind mowers
- Rust-proof protective black layer
- Star center hole for easy installation
- Works best exclusively with MTD lawnmowers.
Honda 08720-VH7-000 Mulching Blade Set
Mowing through a thick layer of grass inevitably leads your snapper lawn mower blades to go blunt and lose sharpness over time. To protect your mower, you must opt for a lawn mower blade that would keep the sharpness intact in it, as the Honda mulching blade set does. Although compatible with only Honda lawn mowers, these blades are compatible as we got to see that they did not fit well with any lawn mowers of other brands. These blades were so reliable that we kept on using these blades with a mower for a long time, and still, we hardly noticed any chipping throughout the session.
- 21-inch push mower blade set
- Fits well for a double-sided blade honda mower
- Smooth and clean-cut because of the double-sided blade
- Easy to maintain even the overgrown lawn
- Ensures all the OEM standard specifications
24 × 4 × 4 inches
72531-VH7-000 + 72511-VH7-000
Honda mulching blades do not produce much vibration during cutting grass and still does not compromise with the work quality it delivers to you. These Honda blades are very durable; their built-up has been done so that it suits the purpose of lasting long, and it exceeded our expectations as far as durability is concerned. But you have to check the mower blade manual to know exactly which models of Honda mowers are compatible with this particular blade set.
- No chipping, even in long service times
- Hard and sturdy material of the blade
- Durable mower blades
- Centre hole design
- Black protective layer saves you from getting hurt.
- A bit costly
Ryobi 613223 Heat Hardened Edger Blades
The final product on this list got to be this Ryobi heat hardened mower blades which come in a pack of 4 blades. It may seem to be extraneous, but trust us when we say that you got to need these blades once a year, so 4 blades in the package will be a big money saver deal for you. As these mower blades are heat hardened, they are meant to be extraordinarily strong and durable. Also, because these blades are not thin, these blades do not get worn off easily, which is a plus for you.
- Heat hardened manufacturing process for longevity
- 1-inch center hole acts as a universal fit
- Provides a clean and sharp cutting of the lawn
7.69 × 8 × 0.15 inches
Ryobi heat-hardened mower blades can be comfortably fitted in a wide range of lawn mowers, including these ECHO model number 720-237-001, MARUYAMA model number 216062, MARUYAMA model number 840084, RYAN/RYOBI model number 613223, and STIHL model number 4113-713-4101. It fitted well in our Maruyama lawn mower and started working flawlessly over the lawn. We have not been able to spot any defects or inconveniences while running and testing this product, so we would not hesitate to suggest cheap lawn mower blades like these heat-hardened mower blades, which work unbelievably well at the price range.
- Hear hardened mower blades.
- ery strong and durable mower blade
- Goes with many lawn mowers
- Pack of 4 blades saves your money
- Centre hole design offers easy attachment
- You have to sharpen these blades for better performance.
How do we choose 12 Best Mower Blades?
Behind this Top 12 mulching mower blades list there is 95 hours of research. We contemplated more than 80 models and compared their features, specifications, and price. For complete knowledge on mulching mower blade models, we have analyzed up to 205 reviews. And finally, we came up with this best push lawn mower blades list to match the requirement of each and every user.
Best Lawnmower Blades Buying guide
A lawn mower can be pretty expensive a choice when your old one gets less effective and stops working or cutting grasses in the lawn. Changing a whole lawn mower just because the blades are not working is a bad idea, especially when you can change the blades of the same. This way, you would be saving a lot of money and doing yourself a favor. But choosing the perfect blade brand for your mower is tough work, and we are right here to help you out.
What Is A High Lift Mower Blade?
While looking for perfect replacement heavy duty mower blades for your old lawn mower is extremely important to work for a garden owner, it is equally important to know that high lift lawn mower blades are way more effective and efficient than regular mower blades. Now, a high lift mower blade is nothing but a high suction mower blade. These blades are usually a bit folded on outer edges, ensuring a proper suction to grass clippings that are left beneath the mower blade. A higher lift of a mower blade would be, higher efficiency of collecting grass clippings in the bag of that mower blade would be. It helps to suck up cut grass edges and pick them up in a bag or drive them sideways. So a best high lift mower blades is an important feature that you need to consider.
Are Lawn Mower Blades Reverse Thread?
No, the best mulching blades are not reverse threaded by any means to answer this question correctly. But one thing which needs your attention here is that almost all the mower blades are secured in the center hole places with bolts or nuts, which are mostly reverse threaded. The motive behind these reverse threaded bolts is to make sure that when the lawn mower is actively in operation, the direction of the blade movement does not loosen up the blades from the center hole, leading to a fatal accident. Though all the lawn mowers are not blessed with a reverse threaded bolt, one cannot say that all lawn mowers are reversely threaded.
Mulching Blades Vs. Bagging Blades – Which One Should I Choose?
While looking for perfect replacement heavy duty lawn mower blades for your old lawn mower is extremely important to work for a garden owner, it is equally important to know that high lift lawn mower blades are way more effective and efficient than regular mower blades. Now, a high lift mower blade is nothing but a high suction mower blade. These blades are usually a bit folded on outer edges, ensuring a proper suction to grass clippings that are left beneath the mower blade. A higher lift of a mower blade would be, higher efficiency of collecting grass clippings in the bag of that mower blade would be. It helps to suck up cut grass edges and pick them up in a bag or drive them sideways. So a high lift mower blade is an important feature of mower blades that you need to consider.
Again, a mulching 3-in-1 blade tends to be way more carved on the edges than a standard blagging blade which ultimately helps them mulch performance. On the other hand, a bagging blade is of straight design, which helps them aerodynamically do their work best, bagging and discharging. If you do not often need to clean up and trim your garden and lawn frequently, you should better be buying a bagging blade, while, if you prefer mowing your lawn frequently, that is once every 5 to 7 days, then we recommend using a mulching blade.
How To Balance Lawn Mower Blades?
You have to put your lawn mower upside down on a flat surface while power plugs are taken out. Notice blades as they are attached to the bottom part of the mower. With help of a socket wrench, open blades out of their place and then look for any damages if present. Next, you have to put blades down on a blade holder and then tighten up screws of that blade holder so that blades do not come out.
With help of mulching blades sharpening tools, flatten out blade’s edges and sharpen lawn mower blades before working any further. Try to cut an equal amount of metal from both sides. If needed, use a measuring scale or tape to remove an equal length of metal from both sides. After this is done, place a screwdriver in the middle of the blade. If the blade does not tilt on any side, then balancing has been done; if the blade tilts, then balancing is yet to be done. Keep filing on the heavier side until you reach your expected balanced state of blade. Once done, put blades back in space and tighten bolts up.
How To Change A Lawnmower Blade?
- Firstly, remove spark plug cable from your lawn mower to double-check that there is no power supply during the process.
- Then, keep twisting the spark plug sidewise so that it can start losing up, then when it is loosened up, pull it straight towards you to take it out.
- Open the tank lid and if there is some fuel left, take it out of the tank and store it somewhere else safely.
- Keep turning blade bolts of mowers in an anti-clockwise direction to replace old blades. Take old blades out of the lawn mower.
- After the whole removal process is done, it is time for you to attach a new r in place of old blades.
- Make sure to tighten blade bolts back up in place securely to ensure that new blades are completely stuck with the lawn mower.
How To Install Lawn Mower Blades?
Replacing old blades of a lawn mower and installing new ones can sometimes be tricky if you do not know the right way to do it. Just go through following instructions for an easy-breezy replacement mower blade installation.
- Determine the correct position of placing replacement blades and then gradually enter one side of the blade in a blade remover equipment.
- Bring holes on the shaft and center hole of lawn mower replacement blades in a straight line and enter retention hardware and blade bolts in hole.
- Tighten the blade bolt with the correct amount of torque as mentioned in the user manual of the blade product.
- Now gradually withdraw the blade removal tool from the lawn mower and bring the lawn mower back in an upright position.
- Reach out for spark plug wire and connect it with spark plus point so that your mower can spring back to life.
Types Of Lawn Mower Blades
If you have been going through this review, then it must be clear that mulching blades are not only 1 type. There are different types of blades based on which work they perform the best. We shall discuss the types briefly here.
These mower blades that mainly get used when one needs to perform mulching, bagging and discharging all at the same time while mowing the lawn. These blades are best if you trim and mow your garden more than often.
These blades are also known as bagging blades. These blades are flat-shaped mower blades that give the best performance when it comes to bagging and discharging grass clippings. This is best for you if you are an occasional mower.
A deck or standard blade is usually a powerful mower blade type that is extremely good at lifting the grass, clipping, and discarding them sideways for a cleaner and easier first-hand mowing experience.
Low/High Lift Blades
A low lift blade has a smaller curve on the edges, and a high lift blade has a deeper edge. Low lift blades are good when you are mowing short grass, and a high lift blade is good with any length of grass mowing.
Gator blades are an improvised mowing blade whose patent belongs to the Oregon brand. These blades come with a sharp tooth design that helps the mower circulate the grass, clipping more than twice in the mower deck for a tidier performance.
Best Way To Sharpen Lawn Mower Blades
- You can make your mower blades sharp by rubbing them against any lawn mower blade sharpener, like a piece of sandpaper or grindstone, while keeping it at a 45° perfect angle for mulching mower blades.
- Hold a sharpening file on top of blades and then move it towards edges of blades and try keeping up with a certain pace.
- While sharpening blades, do not change direction of sharpening. If you are moving it from left to right, then do not move it from right to left.
- Try to be in sync with blade edges and rub file tightly over any bumpy spots on the mower blade.
- When you have completed around 50-60 strokes of file on your mower blade, you should start feeling blade sharpened already. If not, you have been doing something wrong.
- Repeat the same process on both edges and sides of the mower blade for a uniform sharpening.
How To Remove Lawn Mower Blades?
- Position the lawnmower on a flat surface and turn it upside down, laying bare its blade-fitting space in front of you.
- Put a block of wood under the mower deck to give it extra support while taking blades off the mower.
- Look for a bolt that keeps the blade attached to the mower, and with the use of a wrench, loosen up the bolt by twisting it in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Removing the blade out of the spindle is the next step by pulling the washer and bolt from the spindle.
- When you have successfully removed old blades, replace them with new blades with help of this review, as we already have that point in previous points.
How To Clean A Lawn Mower Blade?
- Every time after using a lawn mower in the garden, run a strong stream of water over the mower’s hose, body, and blades to keep it clean.
- Clean out all cut grass from corners of blades and crevice to keep them long-lasting.
- Pulling out clumps from around edges and bent portions of lawnmower is also a good idea if only you remember to wear gloves.
- If debris and grassroots have accumulated in your mower blade over a long period of usage, make sure to clean that out before you start a new cleaning session.
- Make use of a sharp steel blade to loosen debris off corners of the blade of your mower and then put it back in its place.
- If you want to clean up and loosen dirt easily off your blades, you can also use kitchen spray on mower blades. It would make cleaning work easier.
Who Makes The Best Mulching Mower Blades?
Honda Lawn Mower Blades
The Honda has been in the industry since 1953 to produce world-class power products to make people’s lives easier to live. Honda blades are a perfect example of how Honda has been trying to win over the trust of its customers while at the same time delivering them the best of the market.
Craftsman Lawn Mower Blades
The motto of Craftsman behind making tractor supply mower blades has always been to keep running the lawn mowers with its topmost performance in a tried and tested method. They make thorough use of the latest enhancements in technologies and incorporate them into their products to step up the game in the field of lawn mowing.
Troy Bilt Lawn Mower Blades
Troy Bilt lawn mower blades are another great example of how class can be merged with efficiency within budget limits. These mulching blades are capable of recycling grass clippings into a mess-free material. Troy Bilt has always been one of the most favorite destinations for garden enthusiasts, and therefore it deserves to be on your checklist.
Toro Lawn Mower Blades
Fitting blades of another brand in an original toro lawn mower is not a good idea. This company has been proudly launching its vast line ups on lawn mowers and lawn mower blades which have never failed to meet the standard measures of mower blades. Going for these best mulching blades for toro recyclers is not going to make you regret.
How To Choose The Best Lawn Mower Mulching Blades?
If the blade selection for your lawn mower is perfect, then it may work well enough to make up to you the shortcomings of a less motor-powered lawn mower. So whenever you need to purchase a set of blades, be very careful about which is best for your mower, as that can affect the performance of your mower either positively or negatively.
The blade you will buy is inevitably the most important work that comes first on the list. Going blindly for a blade model would not always be a great deal because that blade may not fit in your lawn mower. So better is to check compatibility of blades with the mower itself, no matter how long or short they are.
Size of Deck
You would put up a blade according to the size of deck of that lawn mower. So it is better advised to check the deck size of the mower in first place before buying blades for it. Most mower decks fall under the range of 16 to 30 inches, but still, keep an eye on blade specifications before buying one.
There are three types of lifting capacity in lawn mower blades: high lift, medium-lift, and low lift capacity. You have to determine which type of blade you want to opt for depending on how long the grass is in your yard area. Low lift blades are suggested if your lawn is full of short grass, and high lift is suggested for long grass.
Shape of the Blade
Many types of blade shapes suit all kinds of lawn mowers. Usually, a high lift mower blade has deeply folded edges, while low lift lawn mower blades are relatively flat compared to high or medium-lift mower blades. You have to decide which blade shape you want to get complimented by the soil type and grass length type of your lawn.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Sharpen the lawn mower blade keeping it upside down on a flat surface only. You can also take the help of the professionals.
Most lawn mowers work in a clockwise direction, and they have the cutting edge placed on the right side of it.
The sharp edges of a mower blade would be facing the grass in a downwards direction. Plus, there might be a sticker stating which side is up.
Generally, no. New mower blades are most of the time pre-sharpened.
Mower blades work completely fine for 20-26 hours before having to sharpen them, and they should work 150-200 hours before replacing the blades.
It depends on multiple factors such as blade material, quantity, and blade type of the mower. The cost of a mower blade is subjective, but mostly, they are affordable.
You can buy lawn mower blades in your nearest stores and also can buy them online from amazon.
You should replace the blades after using them for approximately 100-200 hrs. But as soon as they start to feel blunt, even when you freshly sharpened them, know that it is time to replace them.
No, usually, mower blades are pre-sharpened but not fatally sharp, and sometimes they can come with a protective layer on top of the blade so that you do not get hurt.
Make your lawn maintenance process easy with advanced tools. Keep those tools updated with superior replacement parts so that they won’t wear out in time. Grab the best lawn mower blade from the top mentioned 12 lawn mower blades. Those blades are handpicked after complete research and testing from our side. One can have a clean mowing experience with the replaced new blades rather than using the old ones. We have tried to cover every topic descriptively, so you need not explore it on the search engines. Have a happy and worry-free shopping time because we have got you covered!