Having a garden laden with blossoming flowers can give natural beauty to homes. How about adding some night effect to gardens, landscaping, or pathways? Backyard lights are essential if we are hosting a party at homes. We could switch them on and give the party a hip look that everybody would love. The best part about low voltage landscape lighting kits is that they are water-resistant. So, we didn’t have to worry about weather conditions or season changes after installation. Your homes were lightened up, and they stayed beautiful at night too! Homeowners, in particular, did not have to worry about shocks or tripping from heavy electrical equipment since these outdoor low voltage lighting had only a few components.
We were safe from using these lawn lights since they consume only 12 volts rather than 120 volts like line lighting. This saves a lot of power for us as well. You could even add timers to your lighting kits to come on at sunset and switch off at sunrise. This way we could save on electric bills as well. Since no need to dig further to hide wires during installation, low voltage deck lighting works best with homes that have pets and kids. They will not trip over heavy equipment; thus, no fear of using lawns, decks, pathways, landscaping hereafter.
Best Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Kits for the Money
- Triple Water Resistant: COVOART Color Changing Lights
- Rotatable & Flexible: MEIKEE 7W LED Landscape Lights
- Best for Garden: APONUO Solar Spotlights
- Motion Sensor Lights: URPOWER Solar Lights Outdoor
- Best for Yard Deck Walkway: Aogist Solar Powered LED Ground Lights
- Adjustable Heads: Moonrays 95557 Outdoor Metal Spot Light
- Super Bright: GIGALUMI Solar Pathway Lights
- For Indoor&Outdoor Use: ZUCKEO 6W RGB Low Voltage Landscape Lights
- Best for Lighting for Patio: ZUCKEO LED Landscape Spotlight
- Budget Friendly: ROSHWEY Outdoor Solar Spot Lights
- Innovative Design: Sterno 2-Tier Low Voltage Landscape Lights
- Slim & Modern Appearance: LEONLITE 12-Pack LED Landscape Pathway Light
12 Outdoor Low Voltage Lighting Reviews
COVOART Color Changing Lights
- Easy to install
- No Need of extra wiring
- Energy efficient
MEIKEE 7 W Landscape lights
- Angle-adjustable heads
- Waterproof Design
- Anti-corrosion Body
APONUO Solar Spotlights
- Set of 4pcs
- Durable and robust body
- Two levels of brightness
URPOWER Outdoor Solar Lights
- 3-modes sensor lights
- 270° comprehensive coverage
- All-weather compatible
Moonrays 95557 Outdoor Spot Light
- Adjustable focus light
- Robust aluminum material
GIGALUMI Solar Pathway Lights
- Pack of 6 landscape solar lights
- IP44 range waterproof build
- Sturdy metal built Material
ZUCKEO Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
- IP66 range waterproof body
- Easy to install
- Usable in pathways
ZUCKEO C061 Landscape Spotlight
- 500 lumens spotlights
- For patios and backyards
- 270 degrees adjustable head
ROSHWEY Solar Spot Lights
- No need for any wiring
- Lumens upto 10hrs
- IP65 range waterproof
Sterno Home GL22627BK Lights
- 2 Tier low voltage Lights
- Easy to maintain
- 180-degree angle adjustment
LEONLITE 12-pack Lights
- Easy to install
- 6 LED chips for bright luminance
- 40,000 hrs long life span
COVORT 12W Color Changing LED Landscape Lights
COVOART color-changing landscape lights work with 12W, which we used for lighting up walls, trees, etc. The ease with which we could use these lights outside was that a spike stand was provided to give height and cover it behind shrubs or bushes. LED garden lights from COVO ART have taken a coveted first position in our list as it was completely waterproof. Change of seasons didn’t affect lighting and 3 -level waterproofing was given to use by the manufacturer. The distance between light spikes was 3 meters and gave the correct spacing for light to reach uniformly.
- Easy to install solar path lights
- Energy efficient Solar powered lights
- No need for any extra wiring
- Withstand all types of weather (hot or rainy daylights)
- Even color-changing lights are also available
- It fits for any pathway and illuminates it upto 8 hrs
9.57 X 7.52 X 3.23 inches
You will get a LED package with this low voltage outdoor lighting. These LEDs were color-changing, thus giving a beautiful and serene look to backyards or places we lighted it with. A hip look was achieved during home parties. No external decorations were required on top of this. It acted as a security light even when we wanted to move around the patio, lawns, backyard, etc., at night. We even used these lights with a remote that was RF-powered. The remote control could be used from all parts of the house, and the comfort of location was guaranteed.
- 4-spike lights were given. They were color changing
- RF remote to control lights from home
- No weather or season affecting this system of lights
- Easy installation, no electrician required
- Not a waterproof
MEIKEE IP66 Waterproof 12V Low Voltage Landscape Garden Lights
MEIKEE 7 W LED landscape lights take the second position in our list as they are a vast set and could cover most of your lawns, driveway, yard, patio, and outdoor. We established successful low voltage outdoor lighting with IP66 waterproofing, and we didn’t have to worry about seasonal changes or constant rainfall. Even snow did not affect your lighting system. Eight pack 7W gave away 800 lumens on single usage. Your patios, lawns, etc., were well lit and gave enough brightness required to make places look fantastic.
- A pack of 8 7Watts LED lights with 800 lumens capacity
- Compatible with almost all the low voltage landscaping lighting kits
- Anti-corrosion aluminum body withstands any weather
- Easy installation by pushing the take into the soil
- Using wire connectors connect the lights in parallel connection
3.1 * 3.1 * 9.1 inches
A total of 8 lights with spike stands were given to us during purchase. This enabled long backyards or landscaping to be covered at one go. LED outdoor lighting from MEIKEE came with easy installation. We didn’t have to use external sources to get these lights installed. Just kept the lights on their stand and stuck them to the ground. The heads of lights were angle-adjustable and gave good lighting around the house when required. This setup did not offer a color changing effect and came with only one color.
- Rotatable and angle-adjustable heads
- Waterproof with IP66 design, resistant to rain and snow
- Eight packs of lights given for comprehensive range coverage
- Easy installation with no screws required
- No color-changing LED
APONUO 4 in 1 Low Voltage Outdoor Solar Spotlight
APONUO solar spotlights landscape lighting came in a pack of 4 lights that were solar-powered. Hence electric bills were saved as they got their primary power from sunlight. You will get IP65 waterproofing with the use of this low voltage outdoor lighting. Your lighting systems were not affected during snow and rain seasons, thus giving long-term beauty to your homes. Built-in batteries were given with the system, and during the day, the sun stored energy in them to light the LEDs during sunset. The aluminum body with a black finish gave an excellent look moreover, body material gave long durability and stability to lighting systems.
- Set of 4pcs with three built-in LED lights and two brightness level settings
- Provided with a solar panel which will light up automatically
- Solar energy will works upto 8 to 12 hours
- A durable and robust body of lights with a cast aluminum body
- Waterproof solar panel and lights with IP65 range
9 X 7.7 X 4.8 inches
We even got 1-year after-sale technical support, and the manufacturer promised a 100% refund in case of problems as per their conditions. Included screws helped us wall-mount the LED landscape lights. You can adjusted the heads quickly to attain the desired angle of lighting. If you want a vibrant and charming atmosphere with color-changing LEDs. This feature was absent, and only a single-color bulb was given. We could also not replace the bulbs easily in case of any fuse or wearing out. It is better to replace them if worn out rather than trying to change, which is tedious.
- Four solar-powered lights
- 9.8 ft cable with auto on/off feature
- Two levels of brightness settings to differentiate for parties
- Save on electric bills due to solar powering
- Built-in batteries to store solar energy during the day
- LED lights cannot be replaced if worn out
- No color-changing lights for a vibrant atmosphere
URPOWER 3 Modes 270° Wide Solar Motion Sensor Lights
This URPOWER Solar lights occur in our list since they can light up the front door, backyards, garage, decks. The uses can be widened according to a person’s taste even. You will get 270° coverage with the light heads from URPOWER. Your homes will illuminated to a greater extent with 24 LEDs, and a 3-side design gave brighter lighting. This outside lighting was solar-powered, and with three working modes, we could change the brightness. You will get sensor technology in-built with these lights, and with no motion, it automatically shut off. Whenever your family members or pets crossed the system, it lit up for around 20 seconds at one shot. If the further motion was detected, time was extended.
- Pack of 4 three-sided lights with 24 LED lights
- It has a wide illumination angle of 270 degrees
- Motion sensors included, which brightened up the lightning to a high brightness level
- 3 Modes of lighting medium, dim, and high brightness
- IP65 level waterproof floodlights withstand any weather
- Easy installation and no wiring is required
4.96 X 4.92 X6.22 inches
We could easily install the lights with no specific external help. LED garden lights with IP65 waterproofing design were easily compatible with all types of weather. We could get impeccable lighting with minimum effort. The entire charging process takes around 7 to 8 hours. We found that the charge might not stay for long if used the entire sunset time. Multi-color lights were missing. Hence it did not affect parties. The voltage and wattage suggested that it was indeed low voltage and saved the bill for us.
- 3-modes sensor lights with motion detection
- 24 LEDs with 270° more comprehensive coverage for patios, lawns, backyards, etc
- Solar-powered to get energy during the day to be used at night
- All-weather compatible works wonder during snow and rain, even
- No multi-color lights available for better effect
Aogist 8 LED In-Ground Outdoor Landscape Lighting for Lawn
The Aogist solar ground lights gave us high-power efficiency, and driveways or pathways could be illuminated with these bright lights without compromise. They are solar-powered. Thus, sunlight is the primary source of energy. Even steps gave a beautiful and classy look after setting up these lights. A built-in 600mAh battery was given to us with the pack. This stored the energy from the sun during charging. Low voltage garden lights were waterproof and also all-seasons compatible. We didn’t have to worry about rain or snow, and no damage happened to lights whatsoever.
- Set of 8 solar-powered landscaping LED lights
- Provided with a switch to turn ON or OFF the light whenever necessary
- Easy to install by just pushing the stake into the soil
- IP65 level waterproof design so suitable for outdoor
- The switch works to control its automatic turn on and off operation
9.69 X 5.08 X 5.04 inches
Around 6-8 hours take minimum charging for bright lights in these low voltage yard lights. Clear instructions were available for us through the manual. We didn’t have to replace wiring or batteries. Long and stable life with this system was ensured. No long wires were available in design, and thus your kids or pets did not trip from them. We ensured kids and guests could walk around yards and pathways without fear of tripping. The light emitted was soft, only not that bright, which might not suit all. Suitable for a somber mood, though!
- Solar-powered, in-built battery with 600mAh design
- It can be used in steps, yards, patio, landscaping, etc
- All-weather resistant, good working during snow and rain
- Easy to install without external help, charging is good during good sunlight exposure
- Soft-white lights only, not that bright to give full illumination
Moonrays 95557 Low Voltage LED Outdoor Landscape Metal Spot Light
Moonrays 1-watt low voltage LED outdoor lighting system had adjustable heads that could be angle-rotated to reach the desired location. It was handy during home parties to get sound effects. Your backyards became more stylish with the use of this low voltage LED landscape lighting kit. We were mitigated with fear of burglary since houses and their lawns, patio, yards were very well lit—no more targeting from thieves. This is a remarkable waterproof LED outdoor landscape lighting. The number of bulbs given will not be enough to give a wider reach. We had to spend much more to suit for parties.
- Adjustable landscape focus light whenever you want
- Manufactured with Robust aluminum material
- The lights are weather-resistantCenter hole with
- A pack of 2 lights with 65 lumens capacity
- Compatible with other low voltage landscape light boxes
10.6 X 1.3 X 1.3 inches
The lighting system was made from aluminum, and the glass cover for bulbs gave double protection. Even dust and dirt could not enter bulbs. Our lighting system maintained its brand-new look even after installing it in your landscaped beautiful garden. The wattage and voltage stayed well within limits to give safe and money-saving usage. We even obtained a 1-year limited warranty from the manufacturer to get comfortable usage. The gardens looked lovely and charming with these installed. We got two lights per pack, so we bought much more to get fully lit gardens in our homes.
- Spotlight design gave much better illumination
- Stylish look maintained throughout landscaped areas
- Water-resistant with glass lens cover to protect from dust and dirt
- 1-year limited warranty for users, comfortable usage for long
- Many bulbs have to be purchased for broader coverage
GIGALUMI High Lumen Waterproof Metal Automatic Solar Yard Lights
GIGALUMI solar pathway lights gave us high lumen with soft lights. Its brighter landscape LED lighting, but it is not harsh. The lights are solar-powered and light up automatically during the night. Since we opted for solar-type, we contributed to saving the environment and saving energy on our electric bills. The brown matte finish gave them a refined look. Thus, visitors telling us the garden lights were a unique purchase. Though the pathway lights are the outdoor type, we have to look at waterproofing design to have long-lasting illumination. We can’t keep changing lights even after a minor season of rain. The light emitted was not that bright and gave out soft light only. If opting for parties, this might serve only half the purpose.
- Pack of 6 landscape solar lights with high lumen bright LED lights
- Made up of anti-rust coated metal and glass for longevity
- IP44 range waterproof build
- Sturdy metal built Material
- Easy to install by just pushing it into the soul
- Illumines up to 10 hrs straight
5.32 X 5.32 X 18.97 inches
There are no long and tripping wires to get uncomfortable with this landscaping path lighting. The installation was successful without significant flaws and more challenging setbacks. We could contact customer care to get our queries resolved as soon as possible. An anti-rust coating was provided to protect from sprinklers in our homes. The one issue we noticed using installation was that lights were not sturdy and had to be handled with care. Even if not given much attention, we could lose the light system. Lights gave out soft illumination only, which might be suitable to people who like the dark mood.
- Solar pathway lights
- Environment friendly and energy saver
- Easy installation without wires, just inset the light poles into soft ground
- Glass and metal coveringAnti-rust coating to protect from rain
- Metal design with a matte finish
- Very fragile careful while use and installation
ZUCKEO 12V Low Voltage LED Garden Pathway Lights
ZUCKEO low voltage landscape lighting has been provided with an RGB design. These can be used to light up gardens, landscapes, pathways, backyards, etc. The broad range of landscape lighting ideas came true with this set of low voltage lighting. We had a small garden carefully decorated with a lot of flowers and bushes. We were looking for options to light them up during the night to give them the best look. We also wanted visitors to houses to appreciate the look of the gardens and landscape. There was no RF remote. The remote had to be used only when in line of sight. Otherwise, it did not work.
- A pack of 8 color changing landscape lighting
- IP66 range waterproof body so works excellent in outdoors
- Thick aluminum and glass lens makes it weatherproof
- Operated with a remote, so the whole control is on you
- Can alter in 16 colors in 4 different modes
8.8 X 8 X 4.25 inches
We got a pack of 8 lights with 16 color-changing LED light bulbs. Our gardens, when blossoming with flowers due to rain, did not affect the LEDs. The design stayed intact and added beauty to your lawns—best-LED light bulbs for outdoor fixtures guaranteed us 30000 hours of lighting. The manufacturer told three months replacement warranty to contact them for assistance. Its package was compact to store in case we wanted it to be used later. We could store it in cabinets or garages until next party was in line!
- LED lights with RGB design for multi-color effect
- Eight packs of LED light bulbs, able to cover a good area of land
- Usable in pathways, trees, flags, decks, fences, steps, etc
- After-sale warranty service, 24*7 service guaranteed
- No RF remote, line of sight changing required
ZUCKEO 5W Low Voltage Garden Light for Garden Pathway
ZUCKEO landscape spotlight was a perfect lighting solution for homes as it ended for decorative purposes. Your homes during holidays and parties like Christmas and thanksgiving were lit up to the point where your neighbors were dead jealous of well-lit gardens. LED landscape bulbs from this manufacturer helped us give a good and bright light to patios, lawns, pathways even. We received a warm light from these low voltage LED lights, which were harsh for your eyes. Our visitors also appreciated the warmth as they got a comfortable feeling entering the homes.
- Pack of 6 LED landscape 500 lumens spotlights
- Well suited for patios and backyards
- IP65 range waterproof and weather-resistant Lights
- Easy installation and 270 degrees adjustable head
- Robust metal structure with more longevity
3.03 X 3.03 X 9 inches
LED landscape lighting kits of this type served their purpose with suitable wattage and voltage. We found the installation easy without any difficulty and did not call in an electrician to set up these lights. This unique landscape lighting from ZUCKEO gave widely applicable light with a 270° rotatable head to reach all corners. We also understood that all your light bulbs were water-resistant after usage through all seasons and gave good lighting even during rains. The wattage and voltage suited your home needs well and saved us money on bills.
- Water-resistant and good protection during rains and snow
- Rotatable heads for broader coverage and 90° beam angle
- 6-lights with one pack, made from aluminum for a sturdy design
- Perfect for patio, lawns, decks, ponds, flags, trees, etc
- A stake is difficult to tighten down to lamp yoke
- Proper clips to attach to low voltage cable was not available
ROSHWEY 7 Adjustable Colors Solar Landscape Lights
ROSHWEY outdoor solar colored spotlights were solar powered with 18 bright LED beads, and nine lighting modes. We used the power button to change the mode of lights. We used it to illuminate walls, trees, decks, patios, lawns, etc. Low voltage path lights from ROSHWEY were a good buy and worth money since we could give a beautiful and charming look to houses. We saved considerable energy and money by using these lights due to solar charging. No long wires helped maintain its look and help keep your lawns and other places safe from tripping.
- Pack of 7 outdoor solar spotlights for pathway in your patio or lawn
- No need for any wiring easy to install even in soil or mount on the wall
- IP65 range waterproof product made of eco-friendly material
- Can show up seven different colors in 9 lightning modes
- Lumens upto 10hrs with 18 LED lights
11.1 X 8.4 X 4.8 inches
DS – 18
Solar LED landscape lighting came with an inserting pole to put it inside the ground quickly. Also, the solar panel that was kept just above the light bulbs could be rotated by 180° up and down, also 360° horizontal to get the best of sunlight. We could also protect the lighting system from water and snow since it was made of an IP66 waterproof design and ABS plastic. Since it was solar charging, it took minimum hours of charging. In places where the sun doesn’t help much, this lighting system will not be helpful. We had to wait a long time for them to get fully charged.
- Solar panel rotatable to receive the best input
- 7 color lights changing to give a party effect
- Inserting pole and wall bracket, lay it inside the ground, or mount it to wall
- Waterproof from rains and snowHard quality
- Only two lights available with a pack
- It lasts only a few hours, takes a minimum of 10 hours for charging
Sterno Home Low Voltage Plastic 4-Watt Two Tier Path Light
Sterno Home GL22627BK outdoor lights came with ABS plastic that gave us the cushion effect of protecting our low voltage lighting systems from rain and sunshine. Moisture and prolonged sun exposure did not harm lights since they were made with heavy-duty materials. The primary use of these lights was that we kept the houses safe from burglary. Our pathways were well lit, and decks gave sound lighting effects during holiday seasons. These lights came with a 1-year warranty. We could contact the manufacturer for any problem encountered. While changing bulbs, we had to be extra careful. Domes given were fragile and posed a threat of breaking.
- 2 Tier low voltage landscape lighting for pathways
- Manufactured with Heavy-duty weatherproof material
- 180-degree angle adjustment flood light
- Portable light just clip and unclip when you are willing to move it
- HIgh quality and most durable material build
5.2 X 5.2 X 8.66 inches
Powerful quality lighting and the durable product were set across backyards, much to the awe of neighbors. Each time visitors came in, there were positive reviews about the lights installed. Low voltage exterior lighting came with 360° comprehensive coverage. Even a 180° adjustable light angle was present to direct light to the area where we wanted most. The lights came in a good package size that helped us store for future use easily. The system, as such, was easy to handle and drew limited wattage and voltage as described.
- ABS plastic for long life and durability
- Protection from sunshine and rain, moisture
- 360° comprehensive coverage, well-lit lawns, patio, yards
- Tools-free installation, maintenance-free
- Bulbs get hot during usag
- Hard to change bulbs
LEONLITE 12-Pack LED Landscape Pathway Light
The LEONLITE 12-pack LED pathway lighted up your patios, steps, and driveways elegantly. 12-volt landscape lights gave us protection from hazards for kids and pets. Your children could move around pathways without fear of tripping or getting electrocuted. You will get a set of 12 lights that were self-sufficient for homes, and we didn’t have to buy extra sets. This location of the homes is in places that receive excess rainfall. Even this did not affect the performance or material of lights. Waterproofing was established well.
- Pack of 12 LED pathway lights
- Easy to install 3W 12V non-dimmable lights
- It contains 6 LED chips for bright luminance
- IP65 range waterproof and corrosion-resistant material
- 40,000 hrs long life span with a 5-year warranty
3.03 X 3.03 X 10.2 inches
You will get at least 40000 hours of usage, and it came for years. No excessive workforce is required in installing. This made us excited about installing them around the houses. 12-volt outdoor lights came with a good 5-years warranty to guide us in each step. Service centers were also well responsive in terms of solving issues in an instant. Insertion poles present in each light to safely keep into lawns easily. We had to buy an external transformer suitable to bring down the voltage to the required level. This posed a problem for us.
- 12 pack LED lights, suitable for pathways, driveways, etc
- 40000 hours of usage guaranteed by the manufacturer
- 5-year warranty and good service from LEONLITE
- Installation was easy with insertion poles in each light sticke=
- No connectors, costed additional money
How do we choose 12 Low Voltage Led Landscape Lighting Kit?
We looked at all the important factors, features of a led outdoor lighting before presenting it in a top 12 list. It took nearly 85 hours of research and we considered up to 95 models to prepare this review. We have analyzed approximately 200 low voltage pathway lights reviews and compared different models with its features for giving this list. So, this is how we decided the 12 lowest voltage light bulb list with the above statistics.
Best Low Voltage Path Lights Buying Guide
We outlined each brand of landscape lighting low voltage with features, pros, and cons for an honest discussion. Though it covers the most important details needed for a consumer, some more doubts may linger in everybody’s minds. We will further delve deep into a buying guide that will answer common questions like what landscape lighting is, why you need it, brands that make the best lighting systems in the market, etc. After this, you wouldn’t have to consult anybody else before buying yourself a low voltage LED landscape lighting kit.
What Is Low Voltage Outdoor Lighting?
Low voltage lighting systems work by using a transformer to reduce voltage levels from 120V to 12 or 24 V. This type of lighting is mainly used to deliver light to a tight or not-so-accessible area. Low voltage pathway lights usually do not come with dangerous and long wires that may lead to tripping. Compared to the standard electrical system, they do not require external help to install.
Why should I need landscape lighting?
Landscape lighting has various uses. The main reason being completely lit for safety and security purposes. Most burglaries happen when households are dark and wear a deserted look. To avoid this, a lighting system that uses less voltage but remains bright is suggested. LED outdoor landscape lighting is essential for houses that are in a lonelier area. Also, in addition to this, it adds beauty and warmth during holidays, parties, and festivities.
Types Of Landscape Lighting
If you have been going through this review, then it must be clear that Lawn mower blades are not only 1 type. There are different types of blades based on which work they perform the best. We shall discuss the types briefly here.
Landscape Well Lights
These lights are mounted on the ground; thus, light is upward. This can be primarily used in lighting up trees, buildings, and extensive plant material. Another name for landscape well is bullet lights. Landscapes can be lit with this primary choice of fixtures. Outdoor tree lights of this choice will be used during holidays or festivities.
Spotlights give illumination to a particular spot with good coverage when placed at an angle or height. As far as plugin types are concerned, they can be inserted to the ground through an insertion pole or mounted on the wall depending on an item from different brands. Adjustable heads for different angles are provided in most spotlights.
This type is where lights are kept under the ground or ground level to shine light upwards. The directional focus of lights is the main feature to be considered when purchasing them. Events especially will use this kind to create an ambiance that will be dramatically increased. Even down the walls in many houses, these kinds of lights are used.
Solar Landscape Lighting
Most sources of low voltage exterior lighting are solar-powered these days. They include an in-built battery and a solar panel as part of their design. This panel will take in sunlight and store the energy in the battery. After sunset, these lights turn on and light pathways, driveways, lawns, etc. It is better to use this kind as they are suitable for the environment, save energy and money.
Led Landscape Lighting
Landscape lighting uses LED bulbs to give a brighter and comprehensive coverage. Lights that contain many LED bulbs inside are placed onto the ground with adjustable heads to light up large areas around the homes. LED outdoor landscape lighting is trendy now since it can support single to multiple color lights for a classy look. Best to be used in parties and to uplift holiday mood.
Landscape Flood Lights
Floodlights for landscaping purposes have broader coverage. This is the exact opposite to spotlights. We can get a better view, or more extensive areas will come under the light. Adjustable heads will undoubtedly focus on more intricate areas where spotlights cannot reach. This will secure our houses better from burglaries and keep us safe.
LED Landscape Path Lighting
Path lighting is used for very dark houses, and patio lights have to be switched on to have careful travelling between houses and roads. Low voltage path lights chip in for kids while playing around in their lawns. They can now reach their front door without fear of dark pathways. Use fancy lights to light up the mood, and visitors will be pleased walking into your homes.
How to Install Landscape Lighting?
Most outdoor light from Amazon comes with easy and tool-free installation. Let’s see the basic steps involved in this process:
- Get your lights from stores. Arrange the lights to be placed around locations like lawns, patios, yards, etc.
- The wire from landscape lighting should be attached to landscape lighting transformers.
- Place the transformers at places it is safe to keep.
- Take the wire from transformers to all lighting heads.
- Connectors can be used to attach the lights to a long wire.
- Most lights may have an insertion point which should then be kept inside the ground.
- The last step is testing whether our setup works. All done, landscape lighting is set.
How To Splice Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Wire?
Landscape lighting wire can be spliced thanks to DIY methods. Best LED landscape lights can be spliced using the following steps:
- We have first to stretch the existing wiring of landscape lighting. To do that, disconnect that from the power source.
- Cut it from the middle. Make sure that cut ends of the wire are stripped for insulation.
- At least 1-inch bare space is required between each end of the wire.
- The extended cut wire should now be inserted into the prepared circuit.
- For best results, you can slip a heat-shrinking tube into the spliced part. You are twisting old and new wires to keep them in place for a successful connection firmly.
- Add heat to the shrink tube for sturdy placement.
- Test the working to see if, additionally, added lights are working.
Setup/Troubleshooting Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
After setup, there might be troubles in lighting up fixtures. It is best to follow these steps to get a hassle-free installation in low voltage garden lights.
- Find if there is a short in outdoor lighting. Bad, corroded, damaged sockets should be inspected.
- Check if the landscape transformer has been switched off. It can be short too.
- The timer may not be working on getting lighting on time.
- Few bulbs may not be working. This will be the case when many lights refuse to light up while others work.
- Many lights might not be bright. Check voltage and wattage to decide on this.
Where to Place Landscape Lighting?
Landscape lighting should be aimed at providing good coverage around our lawns, yards, etc. LED Landscape bulbs can be placed according to these tips:
- Keep at the base of the object to be highlighted. Tress, statues, shrubs, etc. can be done like this,
- Up-lighting can be done at places to throw light upwards. Place it below the ground or at ground level.
- Pathways can be chosen with taller lamps that give light around driveways, steps, etc. Keep them inserted near the ground next to the pavement.
Some of these accessories might be provided on the purchase itself. Rest can be easily gotten from stores that will give easy installation.
- LED lamps
- Splice Kits
- Mounting brackets stems etc
How to Design Landscape Lighting?
Landscape lighting ideas give way to a perfect plan for execution. Any job planned well will not fail. Thus, to achieve non-failure landscape lighting, please keep these ideas in mind:
- Make sure of places you want to light up.
- The appropriate lighting systems should be bought from different brands available in the market.
- Also, keep the fixtures and accessories required to create a hassle-free installation.
- The power supply should be chosen. If going with low voltage, choose the correct transformer to get the job done.
- Choose high-quality bulbs with features that will serve for a long.
- Don’t overdo the lighting by placing a lot of lights: the less, the better look.
- Sensor lights can be tricky as cars or people passing outside may turn them on unnecessarily.
- Lastly, you can be creative in making your house beautiful.
Maintenance Of Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
Few tips for landscape maintenance are:
- Do not allow plants and branches to grow around lighting systems.
- Remove debris, dust, dirt, etc., from light bulbs to give longevity.
- Beware of exposed or running cables. Careful handling will not give short or cut wires by tripping.
- Occasionally check all the fixtures for damage like sockets, transformers, etc.
- When required, replace bulbs for long-lasting lighting.
- All glass lenses must be cleaned periodically for uniform illuminations.
- If required, move fixtures around to new locations.
- These simple steps will surely give long life and durability to your lighting systems.
Who Makes The Best Landscape Lighting?
The main motto of a volt is that they bring ambiance and security through your outdoor lighting. They specialize in easy install kits, spotlights, path lights, wall lights, floodlights, etc. It is like they provide complete landscaping lighting solutions to your homes. Accessories like the best-LED bulbs for outdoor fixtures are produced by Volt. They offer solar kits for lighting as well.
Malibu Low Voltage Landscape Lighting
The Malibu lighting forms an essential part of the landscape lighting industry. They have long provided solutions to pathways, decks, patio light problems. It is best to choose accessories from them for floodlights, spotlights, etc. Part of USA light, products and accessories for lighting are still available on Amazon. The 1-year limited warranty is provided to all products they sell.
Kichler has made its brand visible among its counterparts with low voltage deck lighting and much more. They have let out a special series called VLO (variable lumen output) for switching between lumen outputs with just one fixture. This gives the user an upper hand in controlling their lighting systems. Kichler also produces usual light products like path, LED lamps, transformers, accessories, etc.
The portfolio offers many lights and accessories in the much-needed low voltage area. They work within 12 to 24 V to save energy and power. Money can be saved by choosing Portfolio lighting systems for landscaping. The low voltage yard lights they offer work way beyond expectations. Even LEDs are available in the market for sale under the Portfolio brand.
They specialize in innovative LED landscape lighting. Their products give a stylish look to our landscapes and yards. Landscape LED lighting comes in different types and features; it is best to choose from them to illuminate our homes. WAC offers lighting services for path and area, inground and indicator, Bollard, and hardscape. All ways considered, it is one of the best lighting services available in the market.
13 years of experience has been embedded into the landscape lighting industry from Hampton. They specifically give importance to design and then correlate them with fixtures available to get the best experience. Hampton’s lighting systems increase décor, security, and convenience. Hampton also does pathway lighting for its consumers.
How To Choose The Best Lawn Mower Blades?
Type Of Lights
The main feature to be considered while buying landscape lighting low voltage is to choose the type of light. It can be chosen between LEDs, solar-powered, wall lights, floodlights, spotlights, etc. It is best to choose according to requirement. If chosen correctly, the lighting system will serve for many years without glitches. Another good option is to choose solar-powered lights to save money, power, and the environment.
Number of Lights In Pack
We should get a good number of lights per pack for the money spent. IF only one or two are given, we would have to spend more to cover our full location. This is especially difficult in terms of budget. Thus, try to get packs that give 6, 8, or even 12 at a time. Just buying one of two of those packs will cover our lawns, patios, yards, etc. LED landscape lighting kits are better with multiple light heads.
A single color LED might not be suitable for all occasions. To bring this feature, we have to look at the product description. Multi colors only increase the festive mood and also make our house charming. We want our visitors to be awed by the presence of multi-colored lights. Also, we wouldn’t need extra decorations if we had these.
Tools-free installation should be aimed at when buying the best low voltage landscape lighting kits. We should be able to follow procedures without taking in external help quickly. An insertion rod or wall-mountable clip might be given in most light heads to do respectively. This makes us worry-free while setting up lights around our gardens. All accessories, when given through packages, make it even more comfortable for installing.
One main feature to consider is weather compatibility. Since it is an outdoor lighting system, it may be prone to rain and snow most of the time. Excessive heat exposure or moisture may affect circuits, thus causing fire hazards. In our case, we have to look at low voltage landscaping kits with weather-resistant IP65 or IP66 designs to make them waterproof. Only then will its material be able to withstand any season changes without troubles.
Most lighting systems come with a remote to access from inside the house that is RF-enabled. Such lighting systems will be helpful for the elderly who would want to control it from the comfort of their location. Also, some lighting systems may come with remotes that work in a line of sight only. It is of no use since we can switch the system in that case. Carefully choose the product with this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Position the fixtures, connect to the lighting transformer, use connectors, insert fixtures to the ground and test the circuit for working.
Layout fixtures, mount the transformer, dig out trenches for main wire runs and connect the system by splicing wires of each light to the primary wire. Test the setup for functioning.
Common types of wires used for landscape lighting are 10-, 12-, 14-, 16- gauge. It is recommended to use 12- or 10- gauge wires for long-distance connections.
8- gauge wire is used for long distances and reduces voltage drop or handling more wattage in low voltage landscape lighting.
We can purchase the average price per light at $320 while the entire landscape lighting $1000 – $5000. For more lights per pack, we spend more.
Disconnect the power source, remove the existing light after opening the glass shell, the mounting bracket should be replaced, and connect the new fixture to the mains again. Check for work.
Low voltage landscape lighting reviews here gave necessary information with a broader perspective. Please use the buying guide as given by us to answer all your general queries that might linger in your mind while making a purchase. We also focussed on installation and replacing methods of low voltage landscape lighting. Our other focus was on general FAQs to get answers quickly. These best landscape lighting reviews should have helped in getting low voltage lighting with ease and confidence.