You may have often felt that it is extremely difficult to slice meat or cheese with just a knife, especially if you have taken them out of the freezer. Even if you can, it is undoubtedly hard to cut them into perfectly shaped slices manually. It is where a meat slicer comes in! A meat slicer is a tool used to slice meats, cheeses, sausages, and many other deli products. While such slicers were traditionally used for commercial purposes, they are now vastly used for domestic purposes. These slicers were earlier operated by a crank and were manual meat slicers. However, newer models are generally electric meat slicers.
They are often called by other commonly used names, including a slicing machine, a delis slicer, or a food slicer, and odds are that you have heard of or seen a meat slicer before! Why choose a meat slicer, you may ask. It is an easy-to-use appliance that can save you a lot of trouble and time. The best meat slicer comes in handy when you are preparing a meal for friends or family, and you want to divide your meat, cheese, or other deli products into equal portions.
10 Top Rated Meat Slicers Review 2021
Based on top meat slicer reviews that we have collected from Amazon, and other online portals, we have curated a list of top 10 meat slicers for you! You should know that no matter how big or small they are, all slicers will have the same advantages. They will work fast and require less strength than a knife. They also use the same principles to complete their tasks. We have specifically chosen these top rated meat slicers from a wide collection of meat slicers Amazon has to offer to go to be wisest choice.
Best Rated Meat Slicers in the Market
- Best Overall: Chefman Die-Cast Electric Food Slicer
- Best Safety Features: OSTBA Meat Slicer Deli Food Slicer 150W
- Best Slice Control: Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro
- Best Commercial: BESWOOD 10″ Premium Food Slicer
- Best Handy: Chef’sChoice 609A000 Slicer
- Best Multi Purpose: CUSIMAX 7.5” Meat Slicer
- Best Professional: Kitchener 9-inch Professional Slicer
- Best Adjustable: OneisAll Meat Slicers Electric
- Best Heavy Duty: Weston 61-0901-W Meat Slicer
- Most Durable: Gourmia GFS700 Meat Slicer
Best Meat Slicers 2021
Chefman Die-Cast Electric Food Slicer
- Sleek and Compact Design
- Easy to use and clean
- Smart and Safe to use
OSTBA Meat Slicer Deli Food Slicer 150W
- Universal stainless steel blade
- Designed for Professional Use
- Extremely hygienic
BESWOOD 10″ Premium Food Slicer
- Perfect for commercial use
- High standard performance
- Longer lifetime
Chef’sChoice 609A000 Slicer
- Fast and Efficient slicing
- Easy to setup and use
- Multipurpose stainless steel blade
Kitchener 9-inch Professional Slicer
- Efficient Design
- Versatile and Easy to Clean
- Protected from rust
OneisAll Meat Slicers Electric
- Comes with two 304 stainless steel blades
- Smart and Safe
- Compact design
Weston 61-0901-W Meat Slicer
- Space Saving design
- Large capacity
- Perfect for any home kitchen
Chefman Die-Cast Electric Deli/Food Slicer: Best Meat Slicer under $100
Chefman Die-Cast Electric Meat Slicer ranks #1 on our list of top 10 meat slicers. This best home meat slicer is ideal for slicing meats, bread, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables- you name it! It is an ideal deli meat slicer because of its adjustable thickness dial, which can help you customize how thick or thin you want to slice it.
- Precisely cuts meat, bread, cheese, fruits & veggies
- Powerful 180 Watt motor
- Removable 7.5” serrated stainless steel blade
- Adjustable thickness dial
- Non-slip feet
- Blade safety guard
- Sleek and compact, space-saving design
- 1-year warranty
14.5 x 12.5 x 9 In
Considering features of this best meat slicer and various reviews we have received so far, it can be concluded that Chefman Die-Cast Electric Deli/Food Slicer is a chef’s choice meat slicer. The tagline of this product is that this home deli slicer helps you “slice like a pro”!
- Easy to carry because it is a lightweight
- Can cut extremely thin slices
- Blade can be easily removed and cleaned
- It is difficult to clean whole unit
OSTBA’s Meat Slicer Electric Deli Food Slicer: Best Automatic Meat Slicer
OSTBA electric slicer has been specifically designed for professional use and is the best professional meat slicer you could buy. It is very easy to clean and is effectively protected against corrosion due to high-quality anodized aluminum it is made of. It is highly reliable, which makes it an amazing meat slicer for home.
- Adjustable thickness food slicer machines
- Seamless and removable parts for easy cleaning
- Child lock protection
- Stainless steel blade and food carriage
- Strong suction rubber feet
14.17 x 9.65 x 10.24 in
From the features mentioned above, it can be said that this electric food slicer is one of best on market right now. Even though it is a sturdy commercial meat slicer, it could also be welcomed into your homes due to its safety and cleanliness measures. It is easily the best meat slicer under $100.
- Makes relatively lesser noise than other meat slicers
- Slices very well
- Good safety measures
- A tiny piece of food may get stuck at bottom and is difficult to clean
Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Electric Food Slicer: Most Professional Meat Slicer
Kitchen Pro Food Slicer is a meat slicer machine that can be a great addition to your kitchen. Not only meats, but it can also slice cheeses, vegetables, and other foods well and conveniently. This Cuisinart meat slicer has an impressive professional-quality slicer that can easily adjust from 1/32 inches to ½ inches thick to slice food depending on your needs.
- Heavy-duty 130-watt motor
- Removable 7.5-inch undulated stainless steel cutting blade
- Three abrasive sanding belts provided.
- Premium coated steel and die-cast aluminum housing
- Non-slip feet for stable operation
- Limited 5 Year Warranty
10.88 x 18.25 x 11.12 in
It is very simple to operate, works very smoothly, and removable parts are very easy to clean. It is also an amazing meat slicer for jerky. A number of food slicer reviews have noted that this Kitchen Pro Food Slicer can take some getting used to, but is worth every penny in the end. With this slicer, it will feel like having your deli!
- Fairly easy to operate.
- It will cut near paper-thin slices if you need it to
- A great bread slicer and slices with consistency
- Has some design flaws, e.g., with adjustment knob
- Blade operates at a relatively lower rpm
BESWOOD 10″ Blade 240W Electric Slicer: Most Durable Meat Slicer for Home
This Beswood meat slicer is one of most durable electric meat slicers on market today. The blade of this meat and cheese slicer is constantly protected from corrosion. It stays sharp for a long duration because it is made of chromium-plated coated carbon steel and has a high-temperature treatment process.
- Premium Chromium-plated Carbon Steel Blade
- Double Illuminated ON/OFF Switch 24V
- Slicing meat, cheese, veggies, ham, fruit precisely
- USA standard approved: ETL, NSF, FDA
- Premium V-belt
- Skidproof Rubber Feet & Blade Ring Guard
20 x 17 x 14.75 In
Considering all above-listed features, especially double Illuminated ON/OFF Switch 24V, which avoids power shock for best protection, this Beswood Commercial Meat Slicer could be perfect fit for you. It can be used for commercial use in restaurants and kitchens, cafes, and in-home use as well.
- Reduced noise and vibration
- Avoids power shock to provide protection
- Really good customer service in case of any difficulty
- It lacks suction cup feet
Chef’sChoice 609A000 Electric Meat Slicer: Best Frozen Meat Slicer
This Chef’s Choice meat slicer is extremely powerful and features a tilted food carriage design for faster and more efficient slicing. This electric meat slicer is very budget-friendly. So if you are looking for a meat slicer for sale, this is certainly the best meat slicer under $200.
- 7-inch multipurpose stainless steel blade
- Tilted large-capacity food carriage
- Cantilever design
- Removable parts so easy cleaning
- On/Off switch and special safety button
15.5 x 10.38 x 11 in
609A000 Electric Meat Slicer is your perfect slicing solution for both home use and outdoor uses. It can effectively slice a variety of foods, including vegetables, meats, bread, and cheese, Its rugged and powerful system is what you need exactly when looking for a reliable and smoothly running Electric slicer.
- Can slice anything easily and is also a frozen meat slicer
- Inexpensive considering all features
- Very solid and sturdy
- Cleaning is easy but tedious because parts have to be removed and washed separately
CUSIMAX Meat Slicer Machine: Most User Friendly Meat and Cheese Slicer
CUSIMAX Meat Slicer is one of best meat slicers for home use available on market right now. It is not just a meat cutting machine that slices ham, chicken, turkey, sausage and other kinds of meat, but is also very efficient with vegetables and fruits.
- 7.5-inch stainless steel 420 cutting blade
- CUSIMAX 200W electric meat slicer
- 4 pieces of silicone anti-skid sucking pads
- 30-day hassle-free policy & 18-month promise
- Covered by Product Liability Insurance of the United States
- Non-serrated stainless blade is removable
- On/Off power button and blade safety guard
15.8 x 11 x 10.8 inches
Cusimax food and meat slicer would be useful for you if you are looking for something user-friendly while being operated and cleaned. It is very durable and relatively easier to manage. This product is known to have high caliber quality and efficiency, which would make it a good buy!
- Easy to clean and manage
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Simple operation steps
- Some food liquids could seep into machine crevices.
Kitchener Pro Commercial Deli Meat Slicer: Unmatched Precision
Kitchener Pro Commercial Deli is a rather powerful and reliable automatic meat slicer. It is built of die-cast aluminum and has premium coated steel, which protects it from corrosion, making it durable. It also shows great value for money, being a cheap meat slicer with a vast number of crucial features.
- Electric powered 120VAC 150 Watt Current 60Hz motor
- 9″ (229mm) Ham/Salami Blade
- Adjustable Thickness Control Knob
- 4 Suction Cup feet
- Antimicrobial Properties
This Meat Cutting Machine has gained a reputation for having unmatched precision while slicing various types of meat and other food. Its Universal serrated blade has precision to slice deli meats almost perfectly. If you are looking for something affordable, this slicing machine could be the right choice for you!
- Relatively easy to clean
- Easy to operate
- Good slicing ability
- Cannot slice frozen items
- Makes noise
Oneisall Electric Home Deli Slicer: One of the Great Meat Slicers in Budget
With Oneisall Electric Meat Slicers, you can easily slice your ham, turkey, dried meat, roast beef, cheese, vegetables, and fruits deli-style, in your very own kitchen. This small meat slicer works with two removable serrated stainless steel blades to cut your food with extreme precision. It is a good option if you are looking for a meat shaver or slicer.
- Adjustable thickness dial
- Powerful 150-Watt AC motor
- Serrated stainless-steel blades
- Die-cast aluminum housing
- Sleek, compact design
- On/off switch offers added safety
- 30-day hassle-free policy & 24-month promise
- Covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States
14 x 9.6 x 10 in
The compact and sleek design of this deli slicer makes it small enough to fit right into most cabinets and on countertops. It is high on safety with its sturdy, non-slip deet. The food holder of this also acts as a blade guard that keeps your fingers safe.
- Lightweight and portable
- Slices well
- Not noisy
- Raw meat can be difficult to slice
Weston 61-0901-W Food Slicer: Best Home Meat Slicer for Heavy Duty Slicing
This Weston meat slicer has a powerful 150 Watt motor to help get heavy-duty meat and food slicing. It has adjustable thickness settings to choose various measures of thickness for slices. Whenever you want thick half-inch ham slices or thin deli meats, this is an electronic slicer for you.
- Durable machine
- Adjustable thickness control
- Best driven and runs quietly
- Large capacity
- Stainless steel
- Removable 8-5/8″ stainless steel blade
- 150 Watts motor
12.1 x 19.4 x 14.4 in
You will not have to worry about this Small Meat Slicer moving backward and forward while you use it because of suction cup feet. They also keep slicer sturdy and reduce risks of falling. compact design also makes machines useful for travel purposes. slicer cannot function for more than 15 minutes at a go and would need around 30-60 minutes of rest before operating again.
- Sturdy and easy to carry
- Good slicing ability
- Cannot operate for more than 15 minutes at once
- Has a short lifetime
Gourmia GFS700 Professional Food Slicer: Excellent and Cheap Meat Slicer
With unique design, power, and construction features of Gourmia GFS700 Electric Slicer, you can enjoy perfectly thin, delicate slices as well as thick cuts of cheese, bread, or meats. It is driven by 180 watts, which yields a high slicing power of the machine.
- Sharp 7.5” stainless steel cutting blade
- Driven by 180 watts
- Adjustable thickness handle
- Suction grip bottom
- Parts can be removed for cleaning
9 x 14.75 x 11 in
It is a heavy-duty food and meat slicer that has been designed with a spacious sliding food carriage. It lets you work with cooked meat, hard cheeses, bread, fruits, and vegetables. The blade and food holder can also be removed for easy cleaning of the machine.
- Sturdy and heavy-duty
- Easy to clean
- Slices efficiently
- Motor speed can be slow for some
How did we decide this list as Top 10?
We have listed these top 10 best meat slicers by considering more than 25 models. Compared the features, price, and lot more of those models and it took nearly 50 hours of research. Moreover, 2 experts are involved in this research and we even analyzed 145 Food Slicer Reviews to finalize the top 10 list.
MEAT SLICERS BUYING GUIDE
Buying Guide for Best Meat Slicers
You may have learnt about different meat slicers in the above segment, and maybe one or two of a lot may have seemed intriguing to you. We listed Top 10 Meat Slicers on market right now with their various features and pros and cons. However, to make a decisive opinion on a perfect meat slicer that suits your needs, you have to know many other facts about meat slicers. Hence, we will guide you with a step by step process and take you through specifications required to help you make an informed decision.
How to use a Meat Slicer?
No matter version of meat slicer, no matter its size, all meat slicers work on the same principles. basic steps to use a meat slicer include attaching food to sliding tray and passing tray over rotating razor blade. It would cut a thin slice from bulk. You can turn the adjuster knob to decide thickness levels of slices. Meat slicers can be dangerous because you are working with a large rotating blade. However, they are quite easy to operate once you familiarize yourself with basics. It is strongly suggested that you go over steps of use and precaution on meat slicer handbook before using it.
How to clean a Meat Slicer?
It is a must to wipe your slicer when switching between different foods. It is also important to clean your entire machine every day to prevent oils and food pieces from getting stuck and helping potentially dangerous bacteria grow. Please read given below steps to understand how to clean your meat slicer:
- Always wear protective gloves and read manufacturing manuals.
- Set thickness to zero and wipe both sides of blade gently
- After making sure that the gauge plate is fully closed and the sharpening stone is out of way, remove the product tray, slice deflector, and center plate. Wash, rinse, and sanitize them and let them air dry.
- To clean a blade, you can either remove it or leave it in place. Clean both the front and back of the blade while wiping from center outward.
- Next, the exterior and all remaining pieces of slicer have to be wiped down. Then, rinse with hot water.
- Thoroughly coat machine with a meat slicer sanitizing spray and allow it to air dry.
- Lastly, slide rods have to be lubricated using a spray lubricant. Once the slicer is dry, replace blade, faceplate, and product tray.
How to sharpen a Meat Slicer Blade?
It is important to understand that blades need to be sharpened. A good indication of time to sharpen a machine blade would be when the meat slicer starts making a mess of food it is supposed to cut. To sharpen a blade, you must gear up accordingly. Then once you disconnect the slicer, let it cool down and then open the cover of blades to wipe them with detergent water.
After drying them, put some lubricating or cooking oil on them and adjust them by touching blades on a sharpener stone. Now switch on power and let them spin for a while. It should help sharpen blades. It doesn’t work, apply sanitizer or alcohol on blades and then let them run for a while. It should work!
Best Meat Slicer Brands
They provide a wide array of high-quality products for all sorts of kitchen needs. From electric knife sharpeners to countertop appliances, Chef’sChoice strives to be a part of our culinary experience, from start to finish!
KitchenAid makes everything from cutlery, to coffee makers, to cooktops. Their main purpose is to make sure that we get most out of food. KitchenAid meat slicer is a range of pristine quality of electrical meat slicers.
Cuisinart is owned by Conair Corporation and is an American home appliance brand. Carl Sontheimer started the company in 1971 to bring an electric food processor to the US market.
What to look for in a Meat Slicer? (Features to consider)
While considering which meat slicer to buy, there are a number of features or factors that have to be kept in mind. Only after thorough research on all of these factors can you certainly land on the most suitable meat and electric food slicer for yourself. These factors are:
SIZE AND TYPE OF BLADE
Two main types of blades are- smooth-edged blade and a serrated edged blade. Though both blades can cut different types of foods, a smooth blade is efficient in cutting vegetables and leaner meats, while serrated blades can easily cut bread and denser meats. The size of the blade is also important and should vary between 7” and 9”.
EASY TO USE
The very idea behind getting a meat slicer for yourself is that it reduces your workload and makes cooking easier for you. Therefore, it is a must that meat slicer should be easy to use. Ideally, it should have good food pushing capabilities.
TYPE OF ENGINE-TRANSMISSION
Based on engine transmission, your meat slicer would either make too much noise or work quietly. two engine transmission types are- belted and geared, both of which have their strengths and weaknesses. So choose wisely!
The engine power of a food slicer is very important because it directly affects its performance. A meat slicer with an engine capacity of around 200W would give you best levels of performance.
A food slicer can be very dangerous if it does not have necessary safety measures. For example, it should have hand and blade guards, double switches, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, meat slicers can cut raw meat. Though frozen raw meat shouldn’t be cut with them, as melting water from meat seeps into the machine.
An Automatic Meat Slicer or a Manual meat slicer can have adjustable slicing thickness and can slice meat up to 1 inch in thickness
There are a number of places where you could buy a meat slicer. You could visit a physical kitchen appliance store near you or shop online via Amazon.com, Alibaba.com, etc.
FDA says that it should be cleaned every 4 hours if being used continuously. Otherwise, ideally, a meat slicer should be cleaned once every day.
An average meat slicer can be for around 100$. Electronic meat slicers range from starting around $40 to around $1000.
Meat slicers can be used for a range of food. most commonly sliced foods include- meats, cheeses, bread, fruits, and vegetables.
We broadened our understanding of meat slicers through the above information- their origination, need, types, features, and so on. We also went through some of the best meat slicers on market today, which have several features that add a lot of value to appliances.
We have listed comprehensive meat slicer reviews of each of those food slicers, which could help you in every way to choose the most suitable meat slicer for yourself. Post this we have also shared a number of ways to take care of, maintain, and operate meat slicers and also addressed some frequently asked questions. We hope that after going through all information, you can choose the most appropriate meat slicer for yourself!