Are you looking for the best wood router that fits right within your budget?? Find yourself confused about choosing a wood shaper or woodcutter?? Looking for the best brand for wood routers?? Find answers to all your questions right here!! Workers find it confusing to choose from a wide range of options. We help you with everything you need to know about choosing the best wood cutting router for you.
Wood routers are your best companion if you are looking for a hustle free and compact tool for creating your masterpiece from wood. There are 2 types of routers at present: a plunge base router and a fixed base router. A fixed base router allows you to set depth past Base of the router. A plunge base router is used to plunge a bit into your woodcut when the router base lies flat on the surface of material. A plunge base router is much more flexible and can even be used as a fixed base router when in locked mode.
10 Top Rated Wood Routers
We have come up with Top 10 best wood routers. You may find it confusing to select the best one that suits you and your pocket. We are here to help you to choose a suitable one for you. Based on thorough research and wood router reviews, we present you with the best guide to go through before buying your product. We have made sure that this Best Routers For Wood guide will help everyone who is looking for products of different ranges.
Top 10 Wood Routers in the Market 2021
- Best Overall: DEWALT 20V Max XR Cordless Router
- Best Rugged Design: Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router
- Best Accurate: Makita RT0701CX7 Compact Router
- Best Cordless: Milwaukee M18 FUEL Compact Router
- Most Durable: Bosch PR20EVS Router
- Best Budget: WEN RT6033 Woodworking Router
- Easy Accessibility: Avid Power MW104 Compact Router
- Best Safety Features:Triton TRA001 3-1/4 HP Router
- Best Compact: PORTER-CABLE PCE6430 Router
- Best Ergonomic: Ridgid R2401 Trim Router
Best Wood Routers to buy in 2021
DEWALT 20V Max XR Cordless Router
- Easy to use and Lightweight
- Cordless compact router
- Variable speed dial
Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router
- Versatile and Durable
- Convenient and easy to use
- Flexible and Accurate
Makita RT0701CX7 Compact Router
- Variable speed control dial
- Slim and ergonomically designed
- Electronic speed control
Milwaukee M18 FUEL Compact Router
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence
- Macro Adjust button
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor
Bosch PR20EVS Router
- Flexible, Comfort, and Reliable
- Constant Response Circuitry
- Compact size
WEN RT6033 Woodworking Router
- 7-Stop Turret
- Two Routers in One
- Micro Adjustment and Variable Speed
Avid Power MW104 Compact Router
- Accurate and Comfort
- Variable Speed Operation
- Quick Locking System
Triton TRA001 3-1/4 HP Router
- Soft Start and Variable Speed
- Rack & Pinion Adjustment
- Electronic Speed Control
PORTER-CABLE PCE6430 Router
- Extra large locking clips
- Accurate and quick bit height adjustments
- Easy to Use and Ergonomic
Ridgid R2401 Trim Router
- Ensures consistent speed and power
- Versatile and convenient
- LED light for increased visibility
DEWALT 20V Max XR Cordless Router: Top Pick
If you are looking for a product to work in a limited workspace and within a moderate price, DEWALT 20V Max XR Cordless Router is the best compact mini wood router for you. Our top pick for you is this user-friendly and compact router tool. We provide you details of this product right below.
- Adjustable Quick Releasable Clamp & Rings
- Dual LED Lights
- Variable Speed Dial
- Spring-loaded release tabs
- Up to 1.5” depth travel (Standard Base) & 2” depth travel(Plunge Base)
- Large Button Spindle Lock
- D shaped Base
- Aluminum motor housing and Base
- 12-position ratcheting lock
8.4 x 5.8 x 5.8 Inches
DEWALT 20V Max XR Cordless Router helps you complete your jobs within a small amount of time. Its variable speed from 16000 RPM to 27000 RPM helps in completing a variety of jobs. Motor speed of this best wood router can be maintained throughout by full-time electronic feedback featured by a soft-starting motor.
- Flexible depth and speed adjustments.
- Moderate price range.
- LED lights for workspace visibility.
- Kit options are not available.
- Overheated quickly.
Bosch MRC23EVSK 2.25 HP Router Tool: Best Wood Router for the Money
Bosch 2.5 HP Wood Router is a powerful router in list of Best Wood Routers. Its remarkable feature of a 25000RPM, 12-amp motor is capable of giving suitable power for the job you want. This flexible tool does various works from plunge cuts to laminate trimming.
- Different bit sizes for flexible use
- Left hand and Right-hand operation
- Variable Speed Dial
- 12-Amp motor
- Precision centering mechanism
- Work as both plunge-base and fixed-base router
- Handles made of hardwood for comfortable grips
- Sealed power switches
- Motor housing and bases made of aluminum
6 x 11.5 x 11.6 Inches
Bosch 2.5 HP Wood Router is the best user-friendly wood router that is well built and powerful. control features allow you to work with your tool at a constant speed. This wood cutting router best suits for operations like slot cutting, edge forming, and plunge cuts. It can also be used for laminate trimming.
- Compact and easy to carry
- Soft grip handles & Removable shield of chip
- Threaded holes on fixed base for adjusting to a router table
- Motor alignment arrows
- Sawdust make bushings clogged
- Switching bases between fixed –base and plunge-base is difficult
Makita RT0701CX7 Wood Compact Router: Value for Money
Makita RT0701CX7 wood router is a slim and compact router kit with remarkable performance, precision, and versatility. It has a variable speed dial to control its speed ranging from 10,000 RPM – 30,000 RPM.
- Speed Control Dial (10,000 to 30,000 RPM)
- Quick-release cam lock system
- Constant speed maintained by electronic speed control
- Aluminum motor takes up heavy duty
- Slim and ergonomically designed body
- Fine and smooth adjustment system for depth
- Shaft lock for easier and faster bit changes
- Soft start features for ease-in full power of tool
17 x 10 x 7 Inches
If you are on a budget and looking for a router to start with your works, then Makita RT0701CX7 is the right choice. It has the best features for an affordable price. Makita RT0701CX7 has a 6 1/2 amp 1-1/4 Horsepower motor. It gives plenty of power to work and finish jobs. Its size is perfectly suitable for any small wood projects. AC electric motors provide soft starting features. This best wood router temporarily reduces load on powertrain, as well as on electrical current surge of motor during start-up.
- Feasible and affordable price.
- Slim and efficient design.
- 1 1/4 base opening works with guide bushings.
- Motor brushes are externally accessible
- Power Switches have no dust shield.
- Vibrates aggressively.
- No LED lights.
Milwaukee M18 FUEL Mini Wood Router: Best Performance
The new M18 FUEL Compact Wood Router works at 31,000 RPM. It makes it the fastest wireless router in the market. A variable speed dial allows you to work at different speed levels, starting from 10,000RPM as lowest.
- LED light for visibility
- Brushless Motors
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence
- Fine adjustment screw
- 1-1/4 HP power equivalency
- Variable speed dial
- Macro and micro-adjustments
4.8 x 3.2 x 6.9 Inches
If you are looking for a fast performing wood router with amazing power, M18 FUEL Compact Router is the best option to consider. Milwaukee M18 FUEL Mini Wood Router is a cordless compact router, which operates on a brushless motor. The tool is smooth and comfortable. Unmatchable power of the product.
- Cordless and easy to use.
- Easy and smooth speed dial.
- Delicate dust collector accessory.
Bosch PR20EVS: Best Palm Router with Installer Kit
Bosch PR20EVS Palm Router is a handy and compact palm router you can easily work with. This best wood router features a 1.0 Horsepower 5.6 amp variable speed motor. Speeds can range from 16,000RPM to 35,000RPM.
- Soft start feature
- Speed Range from 16,000RPM to 35,000RPM
- Durable Aluminium fixed base
- Supports macro and micro-adjustments
- Improved bit capacity by fixed base
- Powerful motor
- Unique finger support pockets
9.4 x 7.4 x 4.7 Inches
One of the best palm routers which provide precision and routing power you need for your work. Bosch PR20EVSNK is best suitable if you are in search of an ultra-compact hand router with best grip. A variable speed dial allows you to match speed accordingly for your work. The soft-start feature reduces torque and delivers consistent performance. A quick clamp system releases the motor from base.
- High RPM for routing.
- Convenient Front Spindle Lock.
- Quick-clamp System.
- No center lines on base.
WEN RT6033 Router Woodworking: Good Performance
WEN RT6033 15-Amp Woodworking Router features a variable speed 15-Amp motor, ranging from 8,000 RPM to 23,000 RPM. This versatile and handy motor can work as both a fixed-base and plunge-base motor.
- 15-amp variable speed powerful motor
- Speed range from 8,000 to 23,000 RPM
- Soft Start technique
- Fine-tune adjustment dial advances depth stop 1/128 inch
- Lock-down knob to turn your plunge router into a fixed router
- Versatile Bits that accepts both 1/4 and 1/2 inch router bits.
- Adjust cutting depth by 1/8 inch increments with a 7-stop rotating turret
- Parallel guide fence for perfect straight designs.
- Speed adjustments from 8,000 to 23,000 RPM
16.8 x 14.8 x 7 Inches
With its proven capability to make detailed and complicated interior and exterior patterns, you can do all functions with your WEN router. WEN RT6033 15-Amp Woodworking Router comes with the following accessories: hard-shelled carrying case, bit-changing wrench, dust collection duct, a profile guide for cutting edges of curvy pieces and straight-edge guide fence. Therefore, this router tool can be a good companion to turn your ideas into reality.
- Variable-Speed 15-Amp Motor.
- Work either as a plunge or fixed router.
- High-grade routing smoothness.
- Little heavy and bulky.
Avid Power MW104 6.5-Amp 1.25 HP Router: Best Wood Router under 100
Avid Power MW104 Compact Router is one of most affordable products on the list. It features a durable aluminum housing protecting motor. A motor also generates plenty of power to do your work.
- Powerful motor
- Speed generated up to 32000 RPM
- Precision operation provided by smooth rack and pinion depth adjustments
- LED lights for workspace visibility
- Durable Aluminium Housing
- Efficient Design and Convenience
- Comfortable grip by rubber covered handles
11.5 x 10 x 4.7 Inches
This best Wood Router under 100 has an efficient body design with rubber covered handles for best comfort and control. Its powerful motor rated at 1.25 HP and 6.5 Amps, provides required speed ranging from 10,000 RPM to 32,000 RPM. The router features a quick locking system for motor release and height adjustments. It also provides fine and smooth depth adjustments.
- Elegant and Compact design.
- LED work lights for better visibility.
- Variable settings for optimized performance.
- Adjusts with a wide range of bit sizes.
- Bits tend to loosen up and move.
- Noisy while working.
- Vibrates a lot.
Triton TRA001 3-1/4 HP Wood Router Tool: User Friendly
Triton TRA001 is popular for its user-friendliness. 3 switch system makes it easy for any novice to operate a router without any difficulty. The tool is easy to maintain, and a single wrench bit change is achieved with the feature of automatic spindle lock. Vents prevent overheating & are brilliantly positioned to prevent dust from entering components.
- Electronic Speed Control
- Soft Start mechanism
- Variable speed ranging from 8,000 to 21,000 RPM
- Supports macro and micro-adjustments
- Safety Lock-Out Cove
- Fully Enclosed Guarding
- Fine Pinion Height Adjustment
- Micro Winder
10.2 x 12.9 x 11.4 Inches
This handy and user-friendly best wood router has button switches that can easily shift from plunge-base router to fixed-base router. soft-start feature and adjustable variable speed let you choose perfect speed for your work. Worn brushes can be changed quickly and with ease. Multi-Function fence provides excellent control for handheld use and also for circular cutting.
- Compact and Elegant design
- User Friendly
- Simple and easy to maintain
- Complaints reported with its electric components
PORTER-CABLE 690LR Cheap Wood Router: Budget Choice
PORTER-CABLE 690LR is affordable to get a powerful tool. product features a 4.5-Amp motor to produce up to 31,000 RPM. The tool is dust-sealed so that you can use it roughly and daily. The power and efficiency of a motor can help you to work with harder materials as well.
- 4.5 amp motor
- Produces 31,000 RPM
- Fixed base made of cast-aluminum
- Quick and accurate bit height adjustments by depth ring feature
- Extra-large locking clips.
- Quick motor release and course depth adjustment
- Single-wrench bit changes by spindle lock button
8.3 x 8.3 x 5.8 Inches
PORTER-CABLE 690LR is a powerful and full-sized router that can be used to handle harder and complex tasks. It has a precision machined cast-aluminum motor housing and base. Its auto-release system allows in removal of bits easily after use. The under-table stop function prevents the motor from accidentally rotating and moving out of base.
- Powerful motor.
- Depth rings for quick adjustments.
- 31,000 revolutions per minute.
- Noisy during work.
- Vibrates a lot.
Ridgid R2401 Trim Wood Router: Lightweight
Ridgid R2401 working with a power cord, is an ultra-compact router that weighs only 4 pounds. Its lightweight feature makes it ideal for single-hand operations. This best wood router provides refined adjustments dial to customize cut depth.
- Increased convenience by square and round bases.
- Precise depth control by Micro Dial adjusts.
- Over molding on top of router prevents spoilage of work surface.
- Motor easily removed from base by quick-release lever.
- Router has a flat top that sits upside down for easy bit changes.
- LED light to illuminate the work area.
6.5 x 3 x 3 Inches
The router provides you with the best feature to switch between a round base as well as a square base. A quick-release lever helps you to make cutting depth adjustments. The tool provides options to maintain consistent speed and power by electronic feedback and variable speed. However, removing router bits from collet is not as easy as other options. The body also lets in a lot of dust and, if not careful, can damage your product.
- Single-handed use
- Quick-release lever
- Fine and smooth depth adjustments.
- Let in a lot of dust
- Plastic components are delicate
How did we decide this list as Top 10?
Our team gathered the information of 40+ models to compare their features, specs, and price. Besides we went through 120+ wood router reviews and overall it took 60 hours for complete research. These are the things that made us decide this list as 10 Top Rated Wood Routers.
BUYING GUIDE FOR WOOD ROUTER
Wood Router Buying Guide
So far, we have discussed the need to choose a wood router companion for you. We have also covered top-rated 10 routers for wood with their remarkable features and its pros and cons. All details provided above are based on latest wood router reviews. We have taken best care to cover all features required for all types of users. Users can compare features of each product to one another and find the best product for themselves. If you find it difficult to choose the right product for yourself, you can easily go through the buying guide we provide. We start with all basic facts you need to know.
What does a Wood Router do?
To know what a router can do all, have a look around yourself—tables, kitchen cabinets, doors, chairs, desks, doors, and many more. You can create real-life properties from your ideas and creativity with help of a wood router. A wood router will serve as the best companion for cutting, trimming, and molding metals, woods, and plastic.
Wood routers have made the process of recreating replicas of wooden furniture easy. At last, scrollwork, trimming, precise cutting, and cabinet making have been made easier and simple to complete within hours. Materials difficult to work with can be easily shaped and completed neatly by various routing techniques.
Wood Shaper vs Router
Wood router and shaper can be considered as cousins who perform different functions. The main difference between a router and a shaper is in the type of cutter it uses and how it is powered by. Router tables use router bits, and shapers have spindles. Universal motors power routers and shapers are powered on induction motors. You may find yourself confused about buying either a router or shaper. Here we explain the benefits of buying a router over a shaper.
Most functionalities of a shaper can be done using a router. Besides that, a router can perform many functions that a shaper cannot. Functions and features of a shaper are limited, and it can only work for a lesser period continuously. advantages of using a router over shaper are :
- Higher Revolutions Per Minute: Since universal motors power routers, they have a higher RPM rate than shapers. A variable speed router has speed ranging from 12,000 to 21,000 on average. Whereas a shaper runs at 2 speeds ( 8,000 and 10,000 RPM)
- Versatility: A shaper can never beat a router in terms of versatility. If necessary, routers can be removed from the table and taken to wherever you want. But it is impossible to do so with a shaper.
- Cuts per minute: A 2-wing router bit working at 21,000RPM provides 42,000RPM. Whereas, a 2-wing cutter in a shaper working at 10,000RPM can only provide 20,000 cuts per minute. To solve these problems replacing 2-wings with 4-wings in shapers make it more expensive than routers.
- Price: On a mid-level comparison, considering routers and shapers, we can find that the price of routers is much lower than that of shapers.
- Tools: smaller diameter of router bits allows routers to work with detailed and complicated patterns in workpieces. Due to this reason, RPM is higher than shaper cutters. It also creates clean and neat cuts, since they have more contact with wood.
How to use a Wood Router?
Consider following simple guidelines.
- Install router bit
Loosen the collet by turning the collet nut anti-clockwise. Install router bit by inserting it and tightening collet nut in clockwise direction. Don’t over tighten it and then switch on the router.
- Secure your working material
You can use a router mat for a non-skid surface to keep your materials secured on a bench.
- Take Care of Yourself
Use glasses to cover your eyes and protect your eyes from dangerous particles. Make sure to close your ears too, since routers are loud enough to damage your hearing.
- Get a router table
You can much more precise and neat cuts while mounting the router onto a router table. They can be used with medium and large size routers.
- Select Suitable Router Bits
Choose perfect bits for your work. Following profiles of bits are available: Straight bits, Rabbeting bits, Flush-trim bits, Chamfer bits, edge forming bits, Specialized bits.
- Install Router Bits
Make sure you have made your bits clean and sharp. Then, install bits securely and safely.
- Make sure to follow the right direction
As the cutting bit of a router rotates in clockwise direction, it is important to turn the router piece from left to right. You have to move your router in a counterclockwise direction when routing outside the edge of the board. Whereas, go in clockwise direction, when routing inside the edge of a frame.
- Take Care While Working
Start work by creating a series of several shallow cuts. Avoid splintering of wood by using sharp and high-quality bits. Also, reduce ripping away of wood from the board instead of being smoothly cut.
Cool things to make with a Wood Router
Besides cutting fancy edges and trimming materials, a wood router can do much more. Here are some works you can easily complete with your router.
- Unique Wooden Rings: Create fashionable and attractive rings to wear, carved using your handy router. It is quite easy and will create a unique style of your own.
- Compact Drawer Box: Store your valuable items within a compact drawer box. Create your personal space to arrange your precious things in an organized manner. No more missing things and an untidy room.
- Toys: Create cute handmade toys for your loved ones. Cars, Buses, Trucks, Stickman, or whatever it may be. Carve best of your creativity for your kids and let them play and enjoy.
- Cute Baby Cribs: Make a comfy spot for your baby to play and sleep. A pleasant and safe baby crib is all it takes to secure your baby and find time to work around your home.
- Trendy Wooden Frame: Add more beauty to your lovable photos with unique and attractive wooden frames. Make one of yours quickly with your router.
- Comfy Stool: How about a piece of your work, to rest peacefully on. Grab your wood router fast and create a comfy and cozy stool. This simple piece of work will be a masterpiece in your interior.
- Perfect Wine Rack: Create innovative racks to store your wine bottles in place of old boring wine racks. It prevents your bottles from damage and out of your children’s reach.
- Organized Shoe Rack: Keep your shoes and sandals safely and arranged within a packed shoe rack. Create your personalized shoe rack easily with your handy router in no time.
- Relaxing Garden Bench: Need a perfect spot to rest in your garden. Add comfort on a garden bench and find the right space to relax in your garden area.
- Book Stand: Do you find it difficult to place your books organized??Well…Not anymore!! Create the right bookstand to keep all your valuable books in one place.
Types of Wood Routers
Wide ranges of wood routers are available in the market. Knowing various types of routers and which one suits you best will help you create the ideal masterpiece. Right below, we’ve explained various types of wood routers available at present.
- Plunge- Base Routers: Plunge-Base Routers are most versatile routers. These are perfect for professional workers as it can do free handjobs as well as template-based jobs. You can adjust the depth of a cut using a plunge-base router. A Plung router is a little heavier compared to fixed-base routers. While locked in place to a certain length, a plunge-router can also work as a fixed-base router.
- Fixed-Base Routers: Fixed-base routers have their base and body-fixed together. These are the best choice for beginners as they are very easy to use. Since they don’t have to plunge action, they can’t cut into surfaces from top. It can only start working with edges. depth and height remain fixed and can’t be changed accordingly. These are much lighter than plunge-based routers. These are suitable for simple home projects.
- Removable-Base Routers: Routers with removable or interchangeable bases have the option to change base. Some routers come along with two or more bases to work with. Different bases help in completing different types of jobs. These are mostly light-duty routers and can perform detailed and complicated workpieces.
- Heavy-Duty Routers: Heavy-Duty Routers are powerful hand routers. These are large and heavy. These routers can hold cutters with large cutting diameters as they have large collet sizes. These are best for professional use and can be used for daily work and for a longer period.
- Medium-Duty Routers: Medium-Duty Routers stand between Heavy-Duty Routers and Light-Duty Routers. Their light-weight compared to Heavy-Duty routers allows it to perform delicate and intricate design works. But since they are larger than Light-Duty motors, these can be used for regular works and hold larger cutters than Light-Duty motors.
- Light-Duty Routers: These are ideal for light work and hobbyists. Light-duty routers can be used for a shorter period. They can only accommodate bits of smaller diameters. Because of all these facts, Light-Duty routers are defined as semi-professional tools. In short, these are compact, light-weight, and easy to use routers.
- CNC-Wood Routers: Computer Numerical Controlled routers are mainly for industrial uses. Everything is under control of a computer, which includes factors like feed rate, cutting depth, and height can be set with precise value. Complete control by computers helps in maintaining a constant speed and creates perfect and finished cutes. CNC Wood Routers are commonly used in large companies and warehouses.
Best Wood Router Brands
Bosch, headquartered in Germany, is one of the world’s largest suppliers of automotive components, industrial products such as drives and controls, and building products like power tools and security systems. Bosch has set new standards in developing innovative and powerful routing tools.
Dewalt is an American worldwide brand that creates hand tools as well as power tools for various industries, including woodworking, manufacturing, and construction industries. They manufacture power tools, hand tools, and accessories in the following countries: Brazil, United Kingdom, United States, China, Czech Republic, Italy, and Mexico.
Makita Corporation is a Japanese manufacturer that creates power tools. Makita wood routers are reliable and brilliantly designed. They ensure precision and are tested to create smooth and finished cuts. Makita operates factories in following countries: Romania, Dubai, China, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, United Kingdom, United States, and Thailand.
Porter-Cable is an American manufacturer of power tools. Their remarkable products include: portable band saw, helical-drive circular saw and portable belt sander. They have manufactured PORTER-CABLE routers keeping woodworkers in mind. Their products include production routers, mid-size routers, and compact routers.
What kind of wood router do I need? (Things to consider)
COMFORTABLE GRIP FOR HOLDING
Comfort to hold is another important factor you need to consider. If you intend to work for a long time, such comfortable handles with a good grip can help you from aching your hands.
An important feature of a wood router is its Horsepower rating. Looking for wood routers that have an HP value greater than power required to push larger bits through material depends on this factor.
POWER SWITCH POSITION
Make sure that the power switch is placed at a position where you can reach effortlessly. Go for routers that have a power switch designed so you can turn it off using your thumb, without removing your hands from your work.
COLLET DIAMETER FOR VARYING BITS
Look for a router that works with both ¼ inch and ½ inch bits. ½ bits are stable and produce less noise, but these are a little expensive.
Cutting speed needs to be slow while working with a larger bit, whereas speed needs to vary according to work you do. Therefore, having a variable speed router is ideal.
DUST CONTROL FOR YOUR PRODUCT
Having a dust port is a lifesaver, as it can affect all dust created during work. It can save your time of cleaning and also prevent health issues caused by unnecessary dust. It is also a good option to choose products that cover sensitive pieces of equipment from dust.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For routing letters into wood, you can use a template. Place the router on a template and make sure the guide bush fits into aperture you need to cut. Move the router in a clockwise direction around the edge of the letter.
A 3-axis basic model of CNC wood routers starts from $5,000 and goes up to $10,000. Mid-range model CNC wood routers range from $25,000 to $50,000. Top-end machine models, CNC wood routers can cost from $50,000 and goes up to $150,000.
Router bits can’t be reversed. Therefore, routers can’t be used for reversing.
Routers are mainly used for woodworking. They can be used to create a wide range of items, including tables, kitchen cabinets, desks, doors, shelves, etc. Routers are ideal tools for creating masterpieces in woods out of your creativity.
Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router is ideal for home use. It is compact and user friendly. We’ve discussed in detail all its features in the above sections.
This is a lifesaver for all those who have thoughts regarding Wood Routers. A wood router is the best companion tool one can possess, which will be helpful, especially for woodworkers. We have explained in detail about the wood router Amazon provides. Amazon has a wide range of wood routers for sale, and we’ve discussed all of them, ranging from cheap wood routers to top-end routers. You can go through the above discussed 10 Best Routers to select the best wood router for you. Our best wood router buying guide will also help you with all factors to keep in mind while choosing the router that suits you best.